Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who’s used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
Tonal is looking for a Product Manager who’s passionate about strength training to own user engagement. Your focus will be motivating Tonal users stay on track and keep coming back, achieving their fitness goals. In this role, you will shape product by collaborating with our team of Designers, Engineers, Fitness Coaches, Content Producers, and Marketers to conceptualize and prioritize features, content, and experiences. And you’ll work with our Software, Firmware, Content, and Beta teams to build, test, iterate, and deliver these to end users. This truly is a role that will touch every aspect of our growing organization.
Who You Are
- 3-5 years product management experience in an agile development environment
- Must have shipped high customer satisfaction iOS and Android apps
- Must have experience understanding and driving user engagement
- Able to think both strategically and tactically
- An excellent problem-solver with extraordinary organizational and analytical abilities
- Able to break down complex issues into actionable plans
- Self-motivated with a track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Track record of doing whatever it takes to ship great product
What You Will Do
- Understand Tonal users and what motivates them through qualitative and quantitative research
- Define an engagement strategy and priorities in collaboration with Design, Marketing, and Content
- Identify and define opportunities to drive user engagement through features and content, in and outside the product and companion mobile app
- Conceptualize, test, build, and measure engagement features in collaboration with Design and Engineering
- Communicate product vision to senior management and stakeholders
- Manage and groom the product backlog
- Collaborate with designers and developers to write detailed user stories and feature specs
- Be the voice of the customer and provide a business perspective on value during day-to-day development
- Collaborate with the Beta and QA teams to ensure a tight feedback loop with users as new content and features are developed