Who We are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who’s used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
Tonal's Hardware team builds our intelligent fitness system upon a customized Android platform and other embedded systems. We’re looking for an expert in embedded Linux and the Android AOSP platform to make immediate impact on our current product and to prepare a small team for selecting and developing our next generation platform and features.
What You Will Do
- Be instrumental in architecting, developing and defining our customized Android platform and additional MCU based embedded systems
- Deliver and deploy a fully integrated Android platform
- Work closely with product management, software, mechanical and electrical teams to define product requirements- Be creative and innovative in the product development process
- Investigate and select sensors, cameras, microphones, etc and implement device drivers
- Development of communication protocols both local and internet protocols
- Establish best practices for development, test, and deployment
- Maintain a high bar for product quality, safety and user experience
- Enjoy using the product! Provide feedback and work to make it even better
Who You Are
- 7+ years of experience of software development experience with a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Demonstrated experience in driving and delivering successful projects from initial conception through production
- Thorough, in-depth knowledge of embedded Linux integration with various chipset platforms
- Proven experience with the Android platform at all layers and its build systems
- Strong experience in C/C++/Java and build environments
- Development experience in scripting languages (Python, Make, Bash, etc.)
- Experience working directly with ODMs, chipset makers and sensor vendors
- Team player with high integrity and high degree of self awareness
- Open to feedback with an ongoing desire to improve