Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who’s used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
Tonal is looking for someone passionate about health and fitness to play a key role developing Android software for our proprietary devices. You will work with product managers, designers, and a cross-functional group of engineers to design and develop our applications. Tonal is an Android-first development product organization. If you have a high bar for user experience, and love to solve challenging problems with creative architectures, Tonal is the place for you. You'll join a highly collaborative, cross-functional team working as part of an agile development process to regularly release new software that works closely with our unique, and custom hardware products.
What You Will Do
- Design, estimate, and execute the Android roadmap as part of a cross-functional team
- Develop highly visual, consumer-facing Android applications on multiple platforms
- Establish and evangelize best practices, review code, and guide more junior team members
- Work with a small group of 3-5 developers, a product owner, and a graphic designer to regularly ship new features
Who You Are
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or 2+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of object-oriented software development experience
- 3+ years experience working with Java, Android Studio, and Android applications
- Expert knowledge of the mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- A strong sense of what it takes to build great user experience
- Excellent track record of delivering consumer-grade applications to end users
- Familiarity with integrating and streaming video
- Experience working with custom hardware
- Interest in and a passion for health, fitness, and/or strength training