Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who’s used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
Tonal is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to build automated test frameworks and develop automated tests that increase our test coverage. Be ready to bring your industry-leading technical abilities to help us significantly improve product quality. You will design, develop, test, and integrate your framework into our continues integration (CI) process and have a combination of in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance, solid understanding of the operating system software, as well as practical knowledge of object oriented design principles. You’ll work as part of our QA team to test and deliver new Tonal features. We’re looking for a proactive engineer who has passion for and a proven track record of automating testing from concept to delivery. Our ideal candidate has strong Android QA experience, coding skills and automation framework experience.
What You Will Do
- Build and maintain an automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform product that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation
- Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality
- Integrate with SCM infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle
- Establish processes and tools set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
- Have previously built one or more automation frameworks
- Experience with Android embedded automation using Python
- Experienced in API test automation using Java or Python
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
- Experience with running performance benchmarks
- Experience with mobile automation (iOS and Android and web automation)
- Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices
- Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application development or testing
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses
- Experience with open source tools and resources