Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who’s used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
What You Will Do
- Develop algorithms to recommended weights to users over time
- Improve real-time rep and set detection from time-series data
- Use accelerometers and gyroscopes to detect users' weightlifting form
- Analyze user behavior and engagement to inform feature roadmap and marketing
- Implement algorithms in conjunction with embedded, front-end, and back-end teams
- Work with product management to identify opportunities for data-driven features
Who You Are
- Advanced degree in mathematical field or equivalent experience
- Passion for health, fitness, and/or strength training
- Experience with machine learning, time-series analysis, filtering, and cleansing techniques
- Experience with databases, SQL or NoSQL
- Strong knowledge of Python and one of Java, C/C++, Kotlin, or Go
- Team player with high integrity
- Open to feedback and constantly striving to improve
- High degree of self awareness
- Experience with gyros and accelerometers
- Experience with computer vision
- Experience as a software engineer