Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who’s used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
What You Will Do
- Design and build our backend services that run everything from video content distribution to fitness data analysis
- Work with our small software, hardware, and content teams to define APIs and workflows
- Participate in the active development of an evolving consumer-oriented product
- Work with AWS services such as RDS, S3, DynamoDb
- Integrate with third-party services such as SOS, API Gateway, Customer support portals, etc
Who You Are
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Expert Java or Golang developer with experience building and tuning server-side applications
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Experience with Reactive Programming and streaming architectures
- Experience with developer tools such as Git, Maven, Jenkins, IntelliJ, etc.
- Previous success designing and implementing models for efficiently storing and retrieving data
- Experience writing unit tests and practicing a TDD philosophy
- Experience designing, developing, and documenting RESTful APIs
- Experience building highly scalable, distributed systems with micro services
- Passion for health, fitness, and/or strength training
- Experience with media processing, transcoding, and streaming
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Android development
- Experience with DynamoDB, Hbase, MapReduce, Pig/Hive and/or other NoSql technologies