Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who’s used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
Tonal is looking for someone passionate about health and fitness to play a key role leading the development of applications for consumers and internal users. You will work with product managers, designers, and a cross-functional group of engineers to design and develop our applications. If you have a high bar for user experience, and love to solve challenging problems with creative architectures, Tonal is the place for you. You'll join a highly collaborative, cross-functional team working as part of an agile development process to regularly release new software that works closely with our unique, and custom hardware products.
What You Will Do
- Lead design, implementation, testing, and deployment of application services for complex workflows
- Manage an team of developers to support consumer applications and internal tools
- Mentor the team and ensure that code quality is high and that the team is motivated
Who You Are
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science
- Strong leadership abilities with a track record of delivering production applications
- 5+ years developing APIs in Node.js, Golang, Python, and/or Java
- 2+ years working with React.js or equivalent libraries/frameworks (e.g. AngularJS)
- Experience working with build tools like npm, Webpack, Grunt, Gulp etc.
- Proven track record of delivering consumer-grade applications to end users, including mobile applications on the iTunes App Store
- High emotional intelligence (EQ) and ability to motivate and inspire developers
- Interest in and a passion for health, fitness, and/or strength training
- Experience working with Redux state container
- Familiarity with integrating and streaming video