Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who’s used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
What You Will Do
- Build backend services that run everything from video content distribution to fitness data analysis
- Work with our small software, hardware, and content teams to define APIs and workflows
- Participate in the active development of an evolving consumer-oriented product
- Work with AWS services such as RDS, SQA, S3, DynamoDb, etc
- Integrate with third-party services such as SOS, API Gateway, Customer support portals, etc
Who You Are
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Java or Golang experience developing and tuning server-side applications
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Experience with developer tools such as Git, Maven, Jenkins, IntelliJ, etc.
- Previous success designing and implementing data models for efficiently storing and retrieving data
- Experience writing unit tests and practical applying a TDD philosophy
- Experience designing, developing, and documenting RESTful APIs
- Passion for health, fitness, and/or strength training
- Experience with media processing, transcoding, and streaming
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Android development