Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who’s used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
Tonal is looking for someone passionate about health and fitness to develop new and innovative products. From concept, prototyping, test and iteration through to high volume production.
You will work on the hardware team developing new products that combine complex mechanical and electronic systems. You will design and develop new mechanical and electromechanical components. Our team offers a unique opportunity to define a new category and build experiences with a variety of technologies and manufacturing processes.
What You Will Do
- Design mechanical parts and systems
- Develop and deliver new products
- Work across groups to understand context, goals, and constraints
- Plan and lead projects
- Generate concepts and solutions
- Development through prototype, test and iteration
- Execute electro-mechanical detail product/system/module designs
- Supply chain bring up and qualification support
- Key NPI support
- Own sub-systems and key partnerships
- Domestic and international travel required
- Expand and improve the team’s capabilities, processes and expertise
Who You Are
- Mechanical engineer with 5+ years of relevant experience
- BS, Mechanical Engineering
- Product design experience
- Experience working with Contract Manufacturers, ideally in Asia
- Expertise in part/assembly design, 3D modeling (we use Solidworks)
- Experience with a variety of materials and manufacturing technologies
- Collaborative style and able to navigate through a growing organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
- Full product lifecycle experience
- Handy with shop tools and rapid prototyping
- Hands-on problem solver, prototyper
- Mechanism design preferred
- Machine shop experience a plus
- FEA expertise a plus