Who We Are
Tonal – the world’s most intelligent fitness system – enables you to be your strongest by providing an effective fitness program tailored to you, your goals, and your schedule. Combining cutting-edge, all-in-one equipment and personalized video guidance, it’s like having a personal trainer, on demand, in the convenience of your home.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
Tonal is looking for someone passionate about health and fitness to play a key role developing applications for consumers and internal users. You will work with product managers, designers, and a cross-functional group of engineers to design and develop our applications. If you have a high bar for user experience, and love to solve challenging problems with creative architectures, Tonal is the place for you. You'll join a highly collaborative, cross-functional team working as part of an agile development process to regularly release new software that works closely with our unique, and custom hardware products.
What You Will Do
- Work in an agile team on React/Redux to develop consumer applications and internal tools
- Implement, test, deploy Node.js services for complex workflows
- Create elegant, testable, and maintainable software using best practices
- Write unit tests, improve code quality, and deliver high-quality features
- Work with a small group of 3-5 developers, a product owner, and a graphic designer to regularly ship new features
Who You Are
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science
- At least one of the following:
- 3+ years working with React.js or equivalent libraries/frameworks (e.g. AngularJS)
- 2+ years working with Node.js
- 2+ years developing mobile applications with React Native
- 3+ years working with build tools like npm, Webpack, Grunt, Gulp etc.
- Experience working with RDBMs such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- A strong sense of what it takes to build great user experience
- Excellent track record of delivering consumer-grade applications to end users
- Interest in and a passion for health, fitness, and/or strength training
- Experience working with Redux state container
- Familiarity with integrating and streaming video