Toaster India is seeking a high-caliber creative leader to inspire clients and colleagues by harnessing the power of strategic design and creative expression rooted in research, data and insights – this person will significantly contribute to helping us elevate our game to meet the client needs of tomorrow.
The Executive Creative Director will drive the development of creative strategy and channel agnostic ideation by leading a group of creative directors, art directors, designers, motion graphics specialists, content specialists and producers. It's critical that this individual works in close partnership with planning and in a cross-functional team with technology, operations/resourcing and media strategy.
Who you are?
You are curious, creative, kind, collaborative and intelligent. You’re the consummate partner. You’re a maker and a manager. You’re an influencer and a leader. You listen and inspire confidence. You are passionate and diplomatic. You’re up for a challenge.
What We Expect?
We expect you to lead clients and colleagues through the creative process and help realize a difficult-to-articulate vision. You and your team should be tightly partnered with our client managers, project managers, and strategists, leveraging strategic insights, to create compelling campaigns and to bring to life stories that help protect, promote and evolve our client’s brands.
The Executive Creative Director must be an inspiring coach and team manager as much as a top creative strategist in order to grow and capture the power and strength of the creative team talent.We expect you to lead and inspire the creative process, in addition to coaching and growing a team of diverse creative talent.
Lead a creative team responsible for design, branding, visual identity development, concepting, video, animation, and rapid response/quick twitch.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of a 10+ person creative team.
- Manage and oversee the creative process from concept to completion.
- Work closely as a creative thought partner for all parts of the business.
- Ensure your team’s collaboration with the planning team to deliver creation executions according to data-driven briefs.
- Ensure your team’s collaboration with cross functional teams to help them bring the story to life across channels.
- Manage and cultivate the career development of staff members, providing mentorship, coaching, and professional guidance.
Progessive years of executive creative leadership and management experience running medium to large teams (ie, 8-20 staff)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Great listener and the ability to convert and drive brainstorming and ideation into standout and effective creative work
- Experienced leader who can serve as senior-level counselor to senior marketing clients/CMOs
- Digital and social fluency with an understanding of how to drive conversation and engagement across platforms via design and written word
- Understanding of analytics and how it feeds into campaign strategies
- Magnetic presence in a room with strong storytelling ability
- Ability to manage the work and be in the work
- Strong online portfolio
- Passionate about visually and experientially telling stories
- Understand the differences between web and print typography
- Understand the benefits and drawbacks of all content distribution channels.
Toaster crafts beautiful design with emerging technology to create connections between brands and people. Our multi-disciplinary teams act as a creative partner, exploring ideas, design and innovation. Our close-knit teams are based in London, San Francisco, Singapore and New Delhi.
Together with our clients we’ve brought to life some of the internet’s most ground-breaking integrated digital campaigns, often used as benchmarks in the ever-evolving advertising industry.
We strive to produce work which engages, informs, or inspires. Toaster’s people-first philosophy puts the user at the centre to create sticky campaigns for useful services and products which enable people, using the internet as a platform for engagement rather than as a soapbox. We're continually inspired by tackling things which have never been tried before.
It’s a noisy world. Toaster produces communication and product design which is clean, crafted and stands out from the crowd, with solid art direction and attention to the details of every creative asset. Our designers understand what works (and what doesn't) for a wide range of media. We believe this is key to tackling the challenges of a fragmented marketing landscape.
Toaster’s experience at the forefront of technologies and the way people use them means we can create communications, products and services with impact. Fully versed in the pros and cons of emerging technologies, we provide consultancy, technical strategy and architecture, cross-stack development and quality assurance, all in-house. Our solutions are secure, robust and highly scalable. Powered by our deep knowledge of the Google Cloud Platform, we focus on database and CMS driven web applications, mobile apps and upcoming tech.
We iterate quickly, with a comprehensive understanding of what's possible on digital devices. We regularly participate in hackathons; a fast, energetic, challenging exercise where we team up with clients to brainstorm new ideas and build prototypes over the course of just a few days. An extremely valuable approach which yields many ideas some of which are in production already.
How to apply
Please apply with CV and link to online Portfolio to [firstname.lastname@example.org](email@example.com), with “Executive Creative Director – India” in Subject line.
We'll contact the applicants based only on their portfolios so make sure you have your latest and greatest!