Our Senior Strategist is a visionary force, a go-to partner for new and existing clients, a sounding board for the internal team on what's great and what's next. You are someone with excellent communication skills and a curious disposition. You can confidently build a compelling narrative from insightful observations and data. You’re an essential team member tasked with inspiring and influencing clients, working alongside our team to develop strategic approaches for a range of channels and executions ‒ from digital-first product launches to integrated brand campaigns.
Your role will also include new business opportunities where you will participate in meeting prospective clients and leading strategy for pitch presentations. You will deeply understand a client’s business problem, tease out critical information from client interactions and research before distilling it for Toaster’s creatives and technologists. Beyond this core role, you will help shape Toaster’s strategic function in collaboration with global leads ‒ articulating the interplay between technology and innovation with culture, behavior, and media to make truly impressive work for our clients.
- Lead strategy discussions with clients, help define challenges
- Lead strategic thinking on new business opportunities
- Uncover insights through qualitative or quantitative research, using tools like GlobalWebIndex as well launching online surveys
- Craft creative briefs distilling client documentation and research
- Run inspiring internal briefing sessions, work closely with team to keep ideas on-brief, structured, and fully optimized
- Keep abreast of emerging behaviors, technologies, and companies that are changing our clients’ businesses and their consumer landscape ‒ both in the U.S. and other market regions.
- Collaborate with clients and relevant third parties (e.g. media agencies) to build an effectiveness framework that measures the performance of our marketing initiatives
- Contribute to business growth by leading strategic conversations that uncover new business opportunities and drive timely innovation
- Elevate Toaster’s public profile through thought leadership activity such as writing articles and participating in industry events
- Assist clients with defining a clear role for all relevant digital platforms by providing the strategic rationale and framework to help them achieve this
- Continually inspire our clients with a vision for their brands, game-changing ideas and tangible roadmaps to help them progress
- Facilitate meetings and workshops to lead strategic thinking and assisting with prioritizing opportunities
- Help with defining Toaster’s strategic offering in collaboration with Toaster Strategists in other offices
- Perform competitive analysis and identify gaps and opportunities in the marketplace
- Strategic – Proficient with developing clear and comprehensive briefs, frameworks, and marketing strategies, backed up by relevant data
- Insightful – A passion for understanding people’s attitudes and behaviors to make a more impactful connection, leaning on qualitative or quantitative research where appropriate (ideally familiar with using GlobalWebIndex)
- Digital – A foundation in digital marketing, confident in developing strategies that leverage a range of touch points including online video advertising, websites, apps, social media, CRM, influencer outreach, emerging tech (and beyond)
- Storyteller – Confident with delivering compelling presentations, notably in new business scenarios
- Collaborative – Proactive with involving relevant team members, clients, and third parties if appropriate
- Entrepreneurial – A keen eye for spotting big opportunities based on market, category, or consumer trends to help our clients (or Toaster) make the most of these opportunities
- Critical Thinker – Ability to clearly critique and rationalize a range of work from the strategic to the conceptual, grounded by business objectives and consumer insights
- Rigorous – Ability to quickly obtain a comprehensive understanding of our clients’ brands, products/services, and target audiences