Currently hiring knowledgeable, reliable, and compassionate Math and ELA Specialized High School Admissions Test (SHSAT) Instructor - Grades 7-8.
- Instruct students in private settings or in a group setting with a maximum of 16 students.
- Create own SHSAT lessons/materials.
- Keep detailed records of each student's tutoring sessions using Student Progress Records and/or relevant forms.
- Track and analyze student progress, and monitor when new evaluations should be administered.
- Attend Teacher Team Meetings when announced.
- Work closely with the Center Director and center staff to meet students' academic goals.
- Tutors must explain to parents how their child is progressing in the class, what skills they are improving on, and what needs more work.
- Provide academic and curriculum support to the center teaching team when necessary.
- Keeps classroom(s) clean and organized (e.g. sharpened pencils, materials ready before class, etc.).
Key Competencies/Success Factors:
- Communicates Effectively
- Delivers information in a clear, compelling, and concise manner.
- Actively listens and checks for understanding.
- Adjusts communication content and style to meet the diverse and distinct needs of his/her students.
- Provide student feedback in a manner that supports learning.
- Communicates well with colleagues.
- Builds immediate rapport with students.
- Fosters a positive and motivating environment for students.
- Invites participation and makes students feel that their contributions are valued.
- Understands interpersonal and group dynamics and reacts in an effective manner.
Passion for Results:
- Ability to organize and manage multiple responsibilities successfully.
- Sets challenging goals and has high standards.
- Manages the learning environment with a student-centered focus.
- Maintain current knowledge base and proactively seeks to stay up to date in subject area(s).
- Bachelor's Degree (in Mathematics, education, or both) or higher is preferred; Current college students will be considered and are highly encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of the NEW SHSAT formatting is required.
- Internship/volunteer work available for the right candidates.
- AP-level knowledge in Math is a plus, but not required.
- Highly skilled, motivated, versatile, dependable, and dynamic individuals with strong communication skills.
- Able to work independently, and multi-task is a must.
- Friendly, patient, and sensitive to the needs of a diverse student population.
- No teacher certification required, but having one or in the process of attainment is a plus.
- Teaching or tutoring experience with this age group is required.
- Must have great classroom management skills.
- Excellent working conditions.
- Friendly and supportive environment.
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience).
- Near several subway and bus lines (N, Q, R trains; Q101, Q69 busses)
- Chance to develop professionally and grow with our company.
- Internships available!
- Letters of recommendation available for the right candidate
We look forward to hearing from you soon and getting you on board with our team!