PreK-2 Level Teacher/Tutor Responsibilities:
- Instructing students in a private setting (1:1) in Math and ELA Common Core.
- Following a complete teaching plan, and organizing learning materials and resources.
- Teaching alphabet and numeracy along with personal, social and emotional skills.
- Assess student performance and progress to ensure students are adequately mastering the skills.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced PreK-2 teacher/tutor who is committed to foster and facilitate the intellectual and social development of the students. Furthermore, to teach with patience and creativity in Math and ELA Common Core. You will be responsible for implementing a full educational teaching plan already developed for each student and using activities and instructional methods to motivate children and improve their academic skill set. The ideal candidate will be passionate for the job with an ability to reach out to the students and create a relationship of mutual trust. The goal is to help cultivate the students’ interest in education and to be their dedicated ally in the entire process of learning and development.
- Develop students’ phonological awareness, blending capabilities (e.g. phonics), and numeracy skills in order to build a strong reading and math foundation along with socioemotional skills.
- Following a complete teaching plan, and organize learning materials and resources.
- Actively listens and checks for student understanding and adjusts communication content and style to meet the diverse and distinct needs of each student.
- Use a variety of activities and instructional methods (songs, stories, media, structured games, art, etc.) to motivate and stimulate children’s abilities.
- Builds immediate rapport with students and invites participation and makes students feel that their contributions are valued.
- Maintain an open line of communication with parents and provide appropriate feedback with respect to students’ progress.
- Keep a detailed record of each student’s sessions using our student progress record and relevant forms.
- Keep students’ learning plans up to date to meet student needs.
- Assess student performance and progress to ensure they are mastering the skills on a regular basis.
- Work closely with the center’s director and staff.
- Follow and comply with teaching standards and safety regulations.
- Must have great classroom management skills to maintain a tidy and orderly session/class.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Proven working experience as a PreK, Kindergarten, 1st grade, and/or 2nd grade teacher or assistant.
- Excellent knowledge of child development and latest education theories and practices.
- Highly skilled, motivated, versatile, dependable, and dynamic with strong communication skills.
- Friendly, patient and sensitive to the needs of a diverse student population.
- Must be able to work independently and multi-task.
- Manages a learning environment with a student-centered focus, and sets challenging goals and high standards.
- Experience with student IEPs preferred, but not required.
- Experience with preparing students for the Gifted & Talented exam is a plus.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Childhood, Early-Childhood Education, or related field.
- Teacher license/certification is not required, but having one, or in the process of attainment is a plus.
- Current college students pursuing their degree in education are highly encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of CPR is a plus.