K-2 MATH Teacher Responsibilities:
- Instruct students in private settings in Math Common Core.
- Work closely with the Center Director and center staff to meet students' academic goals.
- Assess students performance and progress to ensure they are mastering the skills on regular basis.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced K-2 teacher/tutor to foster and facilitate the intellectual and social development of the children. You will teach children with patience and creativity in Math Common Core. Teacher/tutor duties include implementing an individualized educational plan and using activities and instructional methods to motivate children and improve their academic skill set. After school and weekend availabilities is required.
- Actively listens and checks for understanding and adjusts communication content and style to meet the diverse and distinct needs of his/her students, by Using a variety of activities and instructional methods (songs, stories, media, structured games, art, etc) to motivate and stimulate children’s abilities
- Keep detailed records of each student's tutoring sessions using Student Progress Records and/or relevant forms, and keep student binders up to date to meet student needs.
- Attend Teacher Team Meetings when announced and provide academic and curriculum support to the center teaching team when necessary.
- Maintain an open line of communication with parents and provide appropriate feedback with respect to student’s progress
- Keeps classroom(s) clean and organized (e.g. sharpened pencils, materials ready before class, etc.).
- Builds immediate rapport with students and invites participation and makes students feel that their contributions are valued.
- Bachelor's Degree (in Childhood or Early-Childhood Education, or related field) or higher is preferred; However, current college students pursuing their degree in education are highly encouraged to apply.
- Teacher certification NOT required, but having one or in the process of attainment is a PLUS.
- Proven working experience as a K-2 teacher or assistant
- Excellent knowledge of child development and latest education theories and practices.
- Experience with students with IEPs preferred, but not required.
- Experience preparing students for the G&T exam is a plus!
- Highly skilled, motivated, versatile, dependable, and dynamic individuals with strong communication skills who are friendly, patient, and sensitive to the needs of a diverse student population.
- Able to work independently, and multi-task is a must, and must have great classroom management skills.
- Manages the learning environment with a student-centered focus, and sets challenging goals and high standards.
- Maintain current knowledge base and proactively seeks to stay up to date in subject area(s).
- Excellent working conditions, in a friendly and supportive environment.
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and chance to develop professionally and grow with our company.
- Flexible scheduling.
- Internship/volunteer work and letters of recommendation are available for the right candidates.
- Near several subway and bus lines (N, Q, R trains; Q101, Q69 busses)
We look forward to hearing from you soon and getting you on board with our team!