Currently hiring knowledgeable, reliable, and compassionate TEACHING ASSISTANTS for our summer camp
We are currently looking for one teaching assistant to work with students in Kindergarten through 2nd grade, and two assistants to work with students in grades 3-8.
Our educational summer camp runs from July 2nd - August 3rd, 9am - 4pm. All instructors are required to arrive by 8:30am.
- Tutors must complete a standardized assessment in ELA or Math Common Core to test subject(s) teaching eligibility (grades 3-8).
- Tutors must complete 1-2 weeks (7-14 days worth) of teacher training prior to the start of the program.
- Keep detailed records of each student's tutoring sessions using Student Progress Records and/or relevant forms.
- Tutors must prepare lessons and keep student binders up to date to meet student needs.
- Attend Teacher Team Meetings when announced.
- Tutors must explain to parents how their child is progressing in the class, what skills they are improving on, and what needs more work.
- Keeps classroom(s) clean and organized (e.g. sharpened pencils, materials ready before class, wipe down desks, etc.).
- Monitor students during lunch/park time.
Key Competencies/Success Factors:
- Communicates Effectively
- Delivers information in a clear, compelling, and concise manner.
- Actively listens and checks for understanding.
- Adjusts communication content and style to meet the diverse and distinct needs of his/her students.
- Provide student feedback in a manner that supports learning.
- Communicates well with colleagues.
- Builds immediate rapport with students.
- Fosters a positive and motivating environment for students.
- Invites participation and makes students feel that their contributions are valued.
- Understands interpersonal and group dynamics and reacts in an effective manner.
- Makes learning fun.
- College students majoring in Early-Childhood, Childhood, and/or Secondary Education, English, Math, or Science.
- Internship/volunteer work available for the right candidates.
- Able to work independently, and multi-task.
- Friendly, patient, and sensitive to the needs of a diverse student population.
- No teacher certification required, but having one or in the process of attainment is a plus.
- Teaching or tutoring experience is required.
- Experience with students with IEPs preferred, but not required.
- CPR/First-Aid certified highly preferred, but not required.