Happy workplaces accomplish amazing things.
TINYpulse makes truly unique software tools for businesses that treasure their most valued resource — their people. We believe happier employees result in stronger companies! We are seeking employees that are inspired by our goal to transform the manager-employee feedback loop. Together we make stronger cultures, and we do it all in a dog-friendly and fun atmosphere!
Over 1,000 companies from around the globe use TINYpulse to engage and develop high-performing teams, including Xbox, Red Sox, Stitch Fix, HubSpot, Capital One, and Brooks Sports. We are also committed to giving back by donating 1% of our time to our local community, 1% of our product to non-profits, and 1% of our profits to non-profit organizations. As Head of Engineering at TINYpulse, you’ll play a pivotal role in helping us achieve our mission to Make Employees Happier.
Special notice, due to ongoing health issues worldwide: TINYpulse is a distributed workforce, with the majority of our engineering and product teams being located in Vietnam with the remainder of our staff being based out of Seattle, WA. With the ongoing coronavirus threat we are all working from home. A benefit of our distributed nature is that remote work is a long-practiced habit for us, and while we look forward to being back in our offices together, this position will allow for a highly flexible schedule for an ongoing basis.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and orchestrate a software engineering department consisting of 4+ leads and over 30 individual contributors.
- Focus on people and processes with a strong bias for action as you lead the continuing improvement and delivery of B2B SaaS software products
- Work in close partnership with Product Management and User Experience teams to maximize delivery of value to customers
- Design and Execute transitions from legacy architectures to cloud-based service oriented architecture (SOA) using Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar technologies
- Lead company-wide prioritization of improvements to code quality, systems, and engineering processes
- Champion a culture of operational excellence within the team. Inspire others to continuously improve and raise their standards at all levels of the company.
- 15+ years of industry software engineering experience, with significant (10+ preferred) experience in management and leadership roles
- SaaS and B2B application development in your previous roles
- Direct and experience with transitioning legacy architectures to SOA using cloud technologies
What you’ll bring:
- High EQ. You are emotionally intelligent; aware of your strengths and weaknesses, and you know how to build a team to support you and leverage your strengths and theirs.
- You have a proven ability to create environments where teams work well together for mutual success with your excellent interpersonal skills
- You have high technical acumen, and you have the ability to balance your technical decisions with input from all available resources to make solid choices across multiple teams
- You bring a proven ability to manage business processes (Scrum, Agile, etc) while empowering and holding individual teams accountable for their success
- Excellence in producing clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Ideal candidates would be located in Vietnam or be willing to relocate, as the bulk of our engineering organization is located in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. At a minimum, travel to work directly with the engineering group in Vietnam 6+ weeks per quarter.
- Due to the distributed nature of our workforce, some flexibility in daily schedule to allow for high quality communication across multiple continents is required.
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer.
What you’ll get:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, Life & ADD, and short-term disability
- Voluntary benefits including medical and dependent care FSA, pre-tax commuter/transit, 401K, and supplement life and AD&D
- Open PTO Policy--No counting down vacation days!
- Partially subsidized ORCA passport cards
- Company Stock Options
- Work from home flexibility (must be able to commute daily to Seattle)
- TINYscholarship reimbursement to support professional growth
- Generous Parental Leave: 8-12 weeks paid leave, meal kits, diaper subscription, and home cleaning (eligibility applies)
- Fully stocked snack pantry, beverages on tap, ping pong and foosball table
- Option to bring your office-ready dog to work
- So much more!
Who you are:
- Delight Customers - You don’t just satisfy the customers’ needs. You see the opportunity to build deeper, longer-lasting relationships. You turn your customers into advocates.
- Self-starter - You don’t need to be told what should be done. You’re able to assess a situation and take care of the responsibilities with little to no direction
- Highly Curious - You ask thorough and pointed questions, guiding potential clients through needs analysis and discovery sessions to qualify the lead and drive new opportunities
- Data-driven - You have the ability to identify key metrics, monitor and track performance, and make solid business decisions
- Team Player with an Entrepreneurial Spirit - You come up with and are willing to try new ideas to achieve greater levels of success. You know that the effort put into a task is directly reflected in the outcome and you’re willing to go the extra mile to ensure the results are top-notch
- Positive - You have a goal-oriented attitude and mentality, motivated both as an individual and as part of a team
- Detail-oriented - You recognize that the small things make a big difference and you ensure nothing slips through the cracks
- Growth mindset - You recognize that this role has the opportunity for growth and development. Success in this role will lead to an expansion of responsibilities and an opportunity to advance in your career
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to our team at TINYpulse, submit your resume and cover letter today!
TINYpulse is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complementary.
TINYpulse provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. TINYpulse complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact HR at email@example.com