Would you like to join one of the fastest growing and exciting startups in Seattle? TINYpulse – rated by Fast Company as one of the Top 10 apps that entrepreneurs can’t live without – is the world leader in employee engagement. Companies such as Stitch Fix, HubSpot, Deloitte, Airbnb, and Brooks Shoes & Apparel are using TINYpulse to engage, motivate and develop high-performing teams. TINYpulse is a web-based solution that solicits and captures anonymous feedback from employees to reveal insights, trends and opportunities to improve retention, culture and results. In three short years, we have grown to over 1,000 customers, and we’re not done yet! We are looking for a world-class Controller to help us continue on our rocket ship growth trajectory and shape the future of TINYpulse.
The Controller will report directly to the CEO and serve as an integral member of the management team. As Controller, you will be pivotal in developing and overseeing the global operations of our growing accounting team, as well as evaluating and improving policy and procedure, controls and financial reporting. You will be responsible for managing and performing the day-to-day accounting operations including AR/AP, General Ledger, Treasury, Payroll and Consolidation, as well as managing financial audits and special projects. You will need to bring stellar analytical skills, incredible attention to detail and passion for creating new processes and procedures as we continue our rapid growth.
In order to be successful, you need to be: (1) a strategic thinker who can connect the dots between financial details, the financial model and our business strategy, (2) a great collaborator with other executives and departments and able to communicate effectively with investors and board members, (3) a technical subject matter expert able to work effectively with auditors, (4) a proven leader with a strong track record in building great teams and (5) a driven, self-motivated finance professional who acts with a high degree of integrity in all situations.
- Provide oversight and guidance for global accounting operations (currently in Seattle and Vietnam)
- Manage accounting operations including Billing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, GL, Cost Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Oversee payroll, disbursements and cash management
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Manage the accounting department, providing professional guidance and development
- Prepare and execute the monthly close process
- Prepare and publish timely and accurate financial statements and ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Responsible for tax compliance with all federal, state, and local taxes as appropriate, and able to maintain compliance as the company expands
- Provide accurate and timely information to external auditors
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with current legal requirements, anticipate changes and advise management on required actions
- Partner with the CEO and Leadership Team on ad hoc projects
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong technical accounting expertise and current GAAP knowledge
- Must be proficient in QuickBooks and possess strong understanding of the use and potential of technology in the area of financial management
- Experience with SaaS Optics, preferred
- Demonstrated success in employee development and team management
- Capable of working on multiple projects and teams within tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a wide range of people on a daily basis with a strong service orientation
- Enjoy wearing multiple hats and being involved in all aspects of making the business successful
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience, with a preferable mix of public and private accounting, including reporting company financials to executives, monitoring financial conditions and guiding financial decisions
- Prefer experience with SaaS
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail; strong interpersonal and management skills
We are on a mission to make happier employees. And we’re truly committed to giving back by donating 1% of our time to our community, 1% of our product to nonprofits, and 1% of our profits to a non-profit.
Our company values spell out D-E-L-I-G-H-T: Please only apply if these resonate with you.
D elight customers
E lect to spread positivity
L ead with solutions and embrace change
I ncrease communication with transparency
G o the extra mile with passion
H old oneself accountable "Big Freedom = Big Accountability"
T reasure culture and freedom
If you're interested in this role, please provide answers to the following questions in your cover letter :
(a) Two examples (preferably from your previous employment) where you have exemplified our cultural values above. Please relate these examples to a specific TINYpulse value.
(b) When you'd be able to start