If you care deeply about kids and the outdoors, and are a creative social media storyteller hungry for responsibility and impact, we want to talk to you. Tinkergarten is on a mission to ensure that the next generation of children can lead happy and healthy lives and take stewardship of our planet. We provide outdoor, guided play classes nationally for kids and babies. We recruit and train talented class leaders, and connect them with families eager to incorporate more nature into their routines. Poised to become the preeminent brand in early childhood, Tinkergarten was founded by education and tech industry vets, and is backed by some of the most influential consumer, education and social impact investors in the world.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Social Media Manager in NYC to expand our voice and brand presence across relevant social media platforms. You will be responsible for developing social media content that fosters a deep sense of community and grows both brand engagement and revenue. You are a creative and curious social media marketer with a knack for ideating and packaging content for a variety of social channels, and using data to guide your decision-making along the way. As a key member of the marketing team, you’ll report directly to the VP of Marketing and collaborate closely with functional heads across our small but mighty team. Most importantly, your work will make a significant impact for families across the US.
- Develop and execute Tinkergarten’s social media strategy and content calendar for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest
- Originate regular social content that aligns to content, brand, and voice pillars
- Analyze performance data and innovate and iterate to achieve optimal performance
- Administer all third-party social media tools and content management system
- Manage a freelance visual designer and writer
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years developing and executing social strategy with a mission-driven consumer, education, and/or social impact brand
- Proven track record of using social media content to increase audience engagement, build brand equity, and drive revenue
- Outstanding writing ability and journalistic judgment, with experience commissioning high-quality work from writers and designers
- A high standard of personal excellence and strong ownership of your work
What would set you apart:
- Experience in graphic design, illustration, videography, and/or photography
- Strong knowledge of SEO best practice
- Past startup experience
- Knowledge of or a strong interest in early education, parenting topics, and/or the outdoors
We welcome all to apply, because we believe that diverse teams are stronger teams.
If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply.