As our VP of Engineering, you’ll shape the company’s technology vision, strategies, and plans for growth, as well as grow and manage our talented development team. As a key member of the company’s management team, you'll also work directly with the founders and other functional executives on our growth strategy and build systems, processes, policies, and company culture that help us to scale. You’ll interface with all aspects of what we do, in enabling both online and on-ground learning with technology. Most importantly, your work will make significant impact, as it is our collective mission to ensure that our next generation of children can lead happy, healthy, productive lives.
- Set the company technical vision and lead company’s software development efforts.
- Hire, manage, mentor and support our software development team.
- Collaborate with CEO and heads of learning, marketing, finance, support, and business development to achieve company goals.
- Develop plans and set timelines for development and deployment of all web and mobile services.
- Supply, generate, and monitor KPIs and other company data and analytics and make recommendations to improve the business.
- Uphold the company’s software development process, set milestones, and achieve improvement, including quality assurance processes.
- Manage technical timeframes and technology budgets.
- Monitor performance tools and procedures and manage disaster and emergency recovery plans.
- Maintain network security and define company standards for systems, equipment, and software.
- Share technology visions, opportunities, and risks.
- Keep the company current on technologies and software development innovations.
- Ensure the company’s technological processes and service comply with all requirements, laws, and regulations, and ensure standards and best practices are met.
Ideal Candidate Background:
- Has proven experience as a VP of Engineering or similar leadership role in a growth stage business.
- Is a “player/coach” capable of big picture thinking and working alongside the time in the most detailed of ways.
- 10+ years of prior experience in software development role, information technology role, or related field, and at least five years in management or leadership role.
- Can multitask, prioritize, and manage one’s own time while building strong interpersonal relationships with peers and other teammates.
- Is a leader, a team builder, and an encouraging and inspiring manager.
- Is a collaborator and communicator, and is proactive in organizing, presenting, and communicating work.
- Energized by a little uncertainty and in situations where things are continually evolving.
- Is capable of managing a team either while in person or while remote.
- Is excited to work hard, make significant contributions, and is open to learning and improving.
- Wants to make a huge impact during your time on the planet.
Our search for this role is focused on New York City. We welcome all to apply, and we believe that diverse teams are stronger teams.