If you care deeply about kids and the outdoors, and are an exceptional storyteller hungry for meaningful impact, we want to talk to you. Tinkergarten helps families get outside to make the most of their kids’ early learning years. Designed by education experts and loved by busy families throughout the United States, our play-based outdoor curriculum guides parents in raising healthy, confident, and capable kids. Through instructor-led and do-it-yourself programming that spans all four seasons, Tinkergarten makes purposeful outdoor play doable for every family—rain or shine.
We are looking for a part time (10-15 hours/week) exceptional copywriter to help guide Tinkergarten into the next phase of its growth. You will collaborate closely with key members of the Tinkergarten Learning and Marketing teams as well as our UX designer to express our brand in delightful new ways and enhance the value and efficacy of our marketing and product communications. You love working with mission-driven consumer brands and have a track record of conveying detailed concepts simply and delightfully across a broad range of formats, including digital content (email, landing pages), social media, packaging, print collateral, and more.
- Create templates for teacher lesson plans
- Printed take-home materials for customers (e.g. take home items for kids, field guides for DIY activities), and for use in class (e.g signage for class, song lyric sheets, images and illustrations for use in curriculum).
- Printed and digital (mobile-first) field guides for DIY activities that a parent can do with their kids
- Package design for Tinkergarten At Home product "kits"
- Help us develop/codify a messaging framework that aligns to our brand story and new visual brand identity
- Bring our new Brand Identity to life across all marketing touchpoints, including email, landing pages, social media, and print marketing in advance of a relaunch
- Develop copy for integrated marketing campaign assets ahead of each season of classes, brand re-launch, events, and/or new product launches
- 2+ years of experience writing for consumer, education or parenting/lifestyle brands across a range of mediums, including digital marketing (landing pages, email, social media), editorial and print communications
- Online portfolio that features a strong mix of brand and direct marketing experience
- Clear track record of developing compelling direct marketing copy that, through A/B testing, has driven clear performance improvements
- You are detail-oriented and have strong project management and organizational skills; you can manage multiple projects and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to work independently, balanced with strong collaboration skills.
- You are a self-starter who’s comfortable with problem-solving on the fly and are eager to grow.
At Tinkergarten, we are deeply committed to helping all families raise healthy, curious and capable kids through enriching outdoor experiences. That vision necessitates a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re committed to addressing the barriers that prevent families from fully benefiting from Tinkergarten experiences, and to doing our part to contribute towards making our world a more just and equitable place for all families, especially families from marginalized communities. Read Tinkergarten's full Equity Statement here