Local Marketing Manager, Tinkergarten
If you care deeply about kids and the outdoors, and are an adept local marketer hungry for responsibility and impact, we want to talk to you. Tinkergarten is on a mission to ensure that the next generation of children can lead happy and healthy lives and take stewardship of our planet. We provide outdoor, guided play classes nationally for kids and babies. We recruit and train talented class leaders, and connect them with families eager to incorporate more nature into their routines. Poised to become the preeminent brand in early childhood, Tinkergarten was founded by education and tech industry vets, and is backed by some of the most influential consumer, education and social impact investors in the world.
We are looking for an experienced Local Marketing Manager based in NYC to help us accelerate our growth within strategic markets around the US. You will be responsible for enabling our engaged base of class Leaders with a direct marketing toolkit. You will also develop, coordinate and execute measurable strategies that increase brand awareness and bring new families to Tinkergarten classes in their local communities. As a key member of the marketing team, you’ll report directly to the VP of Marketing and collaborate closely with functional heads across our small but mighty team. Most importantly, your work will make a significant impact for families across the US.
- Design and implement training programs and turnkey marketing assets that enable Leaders to effectively promote their classes and events
- Develop the blueprint for Tinkergarten’s local marketing strategy to drive brand awareness, free trial registration and class enrollment.
- Cultivate relationships with relevant and influential local businesses, word of mouth groups, bloggers, publications, etc. to promote Tinkergarten.
- Create programs and processes to scale local event participation and impact.
- Plan and execute events that increase brand awareness and class enrollment.
- Generate local community insights that drive strategic operations and marketing decisions.
- Test, learn and measure the efficacy of various channels and tactics to continuously evolve our strategy.
What you'll bring:
- 3+ years experience in community marketing, field sales, direct sales.
- Experience in local marketing or public relations.
- Proven track record of thoughtful and impactful execution of programs that drive demand and revenue.
- Strong project management ability and attention to detail.
- A history of coaching, leading, and influencing in order to foster a collaborative and creative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage analytics to guide strategy and decision-making
- A high standard of personal excellence and strong ownership of your work.
What would set you apart:
- Past startup experience with a mission-driven consumer brand.
- Experience with marketing via direct sales forces.
- Knowledge of or a strong interest in early education, parenting topics, and/or the outdoors.
We welcome all to apply, because we believe that diverse teams are stronger teams.
If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply.