If you care deeply about education, the outdoors, and are a full stack software developer who knows how to build online products and perpetuate a strong, mission-driven culture, we want to talk to you. Poised to become the preeminent brand in early childhood, Tinkergarten has roots in NYC and western Massachusetts, is founded by education and tech industry vets, and are backed by some of the most influential consumer, education and social impact investors in the world. We’re on a mission to ensure all kids are ready to learn, ready to thrive, and ready for anything as we use our technology to enable families to connect outside, and for their kids to learn through play.
As a core software engineer, you will collaborate with others technologists and cross functional teammates to build delightful, high impact experiences for a variety of end users, helping better support our fast growing business. You’ll interface with all aspects of what we do, in enabling both online and on-ground learning with technology. Most importantly, your work will make significant impact, as it is our collective mission to ensure that our next generation of children can lead happy, healthy, productive lives.
- Build new products that delight customers and enhance their on and offline experiences.
- Continue developing tools to help our network of leaders to manage and grow their educational impact.
- Work with internal teams to identify, understand and build internal tooling to increase operational efficiency as we scale.
- Work with the company’s data and analytics to generate reports, analysis, and make better decisions for the business.
Ideal Candidate Background:
- 2+ years of professional software development experience.
- Comfortable working with backend framework Ruby on Rails and front-end frameworks such as React.js or Angular.
- Working knowledge of relational databases such as MySQL or Postgres.
- Familiarity with AWS and/or other cloud service providers.
- Can multitask, prioritize, and manage one’s own time while building strong interpersonal relationships with peers and other teammates.
- Is a collaborator and communicator and is proactive in organizing, presenting, and communicating work.
- Energized by a little uncertainty and in situations where things are continually evolving.
- Is excited to work hard, make significant contributions and open to learning and improving.
- Wants to make a huge impact during our limited time on the planet.
Our search for this role is focused on New York City. We welcome all to apply, and we believe that diverse teams are stronger teams.