Timber’s mission is to make building more affordable.
We're turbocharging the productivity of construction industry professionals by making it faster and easier to pay and get paid. Billing and payments in this industry are a highly manual process, representing up to *one-third* of the total time and money spent on projects. Our platform is a catalyst for change.IMPACT
Timber is the innovative construction payments management platform for an $11T (trillion, with a T) global industry. We are advancing the state of a foundational industry that's untouched by modern software, and whose productivity has unfortunately not advanced but regressed
in the last 40 years. Yet the construction of homes, offices, factories, and infrastructure is vital to all of our lives. And by creating software with empathy
, we directly impact the work of the one in 10 Americans who work in the built environment.
YOUR DAY TO DAY 👩💻👨💻
- Engineer: Work with the rest of the engineering team to build features for the front-end, back-end, and mobile versions of our products.
- Maintain a high bar: Ensure that your code is well tested and bug-free.
- Collaborate: Work closely with the founding team to determine how to best use technology to deliver value to the customer on a daily basis.
- Customer-first: Ensure that our customers are successful and happy as the utmost priority.
- Team building: Become well versed in interviewing and hiring passionate and talented team members across all disciplines.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR 👀
- Experience: You are a proficient engineer with 2+ years of professional full-stack web development experience, having worked in any part of the tech stack.
- Product focused: You strive to build elegant and beautiful products.
- Great communicator: You’re straight up and honest. You quickly communicate problems and issues as you see them to the rest of the team.
- Ambitious: You're excited to work in a fast-paced, small team startup environment where you are exposed to every aspect of the business. You want to grow in many dimensions, from expanding your engineering skillset to learning product and design.
- Humble: You show a strong desire to learn from those around you and welcome feedback daily, seeing it as an opportunity to grow and become a better you.
- Productive: You have experience in feature definition, design, and feasibility. You can scope a project and get the job done on time.
BROWNIE POINTS 🍪🍰
- Education: Academic background in Computer Science, or a related field.
- Cloud: Experience working on web applications on platforms such as AWS and GCP.
- Modern tech: Basic understanding of React, ReactNative, and GraphQL.
- APIs: Experience consuming and integrating with APIs from other web services and systems.
- Work with a world-class team that has built products from the ground up used by hundreds of millions at Apple, Google, Stripe, and Zynga.
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Wellness reimbursement
- Top-notch equipment setup
- Access to our investor community (network and mentorship programs)
👫 At Timber, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Timber, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.