Timber’s mission is to make building more affordable.
We're turbocharging the productivity of construction industry professionals by making it faster and easier to pay and get paid. Billing and payments in this industry are a highly manual process, representing up to *one-third* of the total time and money spent on projects. Our platform is a catalyst for change.IMPACT
Timber is the innovative construction payments management platform for an $11T (trillion, with a T) global industry. We are advancing the state of a foundational industry that's untouched by modern software, and whose productivity has unfortunately not advanced but regressed
in the last 40 years. Yet the construction of homes, offices, factories, and infrastructure is vital to all of our lives. And by creating software with empathy
, we directly impact the work of the one in 10 Americans who work in the built environment. YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Engineer: Architect, design, and build large parts of our mobile products, keeping up with best practices and OS releases on each platform.
- World-class app design: Champion in-app performance, handle real-time data synchronization in spotty network connections, and implement pixel-perfect designs.
- Execute: Focus on delivering value to the customer on a daily basis.
- Collaborate: Work closely with the product and design teams to build and implement new features.
- Customer-first: Ensure that our customers are successful and happy as the utmost priority.
- Team building: Participate in hiring passionate and talented team members across all disciplines.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR 👀
- Experience: You are a proficient engineer with 4+ years of professional mobile app development experience, working in either the iOS or Android platforms.
- Product focused: You take pride in building elegant, beautiful, and performant apps.
- Problem solver: You excel at understanding and breaking down complex problems and designs. You have remarkable attention to detail.
- Great communicator: You’re straight up and honest. You can adapt your communication style to different audiences and you can confidently break down tricky topics in writing and in person.
- Humble: You show a strong desire to learn from those around you and welcome feedback daily, seeing it as an opportunity to grow and become a better you.
- Productive: You have experience in feature definition, design, and feasibility. You get a lot done quickly and are eager to move onto the next thing.
- Leadership: You will rapidly grow into a company leader. You will work with the founders to build company culture and help shape our future.
BROWNIE POINTS 🍪🍰
- Platform: Deep understanding of iOS and Android systems and APIs, including current and older devices and versions.
- Tablet: Experience building apps not just on phones but also on iPads.
- Deployment: Experience managing and releasing multiple versions across multiple platforms.
- Cross-platform: Familiarity working with ReactNative or Flutter.
- Work with a world-class team that has built products from the ground up used by hundreds of millions at Apple, Google, Stripe, and Zynga.
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Wellness reimbursement
- Top-notch equipment setup
- Access to our investor community (network and mentorship programs)
👫 At Timber, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Timber, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.