Timber’s mission is to make building more affordable.
We're turbocharging the productivity of construction industry professionals by making it faster and easier to pay and get paid. Billing and payments in this industry are a highly manual process, representing up to one-third of the total time and money spent on projects. Our platform is a catalyst for change.
Timber is the innovative construction payments management platform for an $11T (trillion, with a T) global industry. We are advancing the state of a foundational industry that's untouched by modern software, and whose productivity has unfortunately not advanced but regressed
in the last 40 years. Yet the construction of homes, offices, factories, and infrastructure is vital to all of our lives. And by creating software with empathy
, we directly impact the work of the one in 10 Americans who work in the built environment.
YOUR DAY TO DAY 👩💻👨💻
- Engineer: Architect and build large parts of our modern web app in a serverless architecture.
- Maintain a high bar: Champion code quality, end-to-end testing, and CI/CD in our products and development process.
- Execute: Focus on delivering value to the customer on a daily basis.
- Collaborate: Develop prototypes quickly, work closely with UX designers, product managers, and back-end engineers to implement versatile front-end solutions to tricky web development issues.
- Customer-first: Ensure that our customers are successful and happy as the utmost priority.
- Team building: Participate in hiring passionate and talented team members across all disciplines.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR 👀
- Experience: You are a proficient engineer with 6+ years of professional front-end web development experience, building complex user interfaces filled with data from internal APIs.
- Product focused: You take pride in building elegant, beautiful, and user-friendly products.
- Problem solver: You excel at understanding and breaking down complex problems. You have remarkable attention to detail.
- Great communicator: You’re straight up and honest. You can adapt your communication style to different audiences and you can confidently break down tricky topics in writing and in person.
- Be your best self: You are self-driven and make things happen. You show a strong desire to succeed and are always looking for opportunities to learn and grow.
- Productive: You get a lot done quickly and can translate your skills into new processes that your team will follow.
- Leadership: You will rapidly grow into a company leader. You will work with the founders to build company culture and help shape our future.
BROWNIE POINTS 🍪🍰
- Modern tech: Familiarity working with React, RxJS, and GraphQL.
- Package Managers: Skilled at configuring and debugging package managers like NPM, Yarn, and Bower.
- APIs: Experience consuming and integrating with APIs from other web services and systems.
- Work with a world-class team that has built products from the ground up used by hundreds of millions at Apple, Google, Stripe, and Zynga.
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Wellness reimbursement
- Top-notch equipment setup
- Access to our investor community (network and mentorship programs)
👫 At Timber, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Timber, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.