Tillable, Inc. (www.tillable.com) is the first digital marketplace/platform for connecting land owners and farmers. We are a VC funded (Series A) startup backed by top tier investors. We are currently a relatively small team on the cusp of building a disruptive, high impact business in a massive market. We have a chance to not only solve a multi-billion dollar problem but also do good for the earth/climate as we scale.
40% of all US farmland is rented every year in which $32 billion dollars is exchanged. Ironically, this market still functions the same as it did 50 years ago - no established marketplace, no price transparency, landowners have very little data on how their farmland performs and farmers can’t access land opportunities efficiently. Tillable solves these problems with the introduction of a digital marketplace and the use of technology to gather data for landowners so that they can make more informed decisions about how their farmland is managed.
We are only interested in world class talent...do you have what it takes? If so check out the requirements below and apply!
Core responsibilities of the role include:
- Meet and exceed sales targets
- Close sales via phone, email, and instant messaging, from both internally and self generated customer leads including the gathering of information required to list their farm on the Tillable website
- Conduct frequent phone consultations with clients advising them on how the Tillable platform will improve the financial performance of their farmland as well as tenant relations
- Implement creative ways to improve our close rate
- Communicate with customers proactively
- Maintain the company’s positive image and branding efforts through an upbeat and positive demeanor as well as respectful and responsible behavior in all interactions with customers
- Keep detailed and organized records of your sales activity through the company’s CRM system
- Sales Development/BDR or 1-3 years of previous sales experience. If you are a recent grad, we can discuss that as well.
- Self motivated and driven
- Creative thinker with a growth mindset
- Ability to listen and customer objectives in order to develop successful strategic plans
- Willingness and desire to learn and develop as a professional and a person
- Collaborative teammate willing to extend beyond their core responsibilities
- Can thrive in a fast paced, often changing environment (we are still in “build/test/iterate mode)
- Computer competency
- World class written and verbal communication,
- BA/BS degree
- Desire to work in an inclusive, fun and fast paced environment
Preferred but not required
- Experience selling digital products, financial products, or insurance sales
- A background or familiarity with agriculture