Tillable, LLC (www.tillable.com) is a web based marketplace for listing and renting farmland. 40% of all US farmland is rented every year in which $32 billion dollars is exchanged. Ironically, this market still functions the same as it did 50 years ago - no established marketplace, no price transparency, landowners have very little data on how their farmland performs and farmers can’t access land opportunities efficiently. Tillable solves these problems with the introduction of a digital marketplace and the use of technology to gather data for landowners so that they can make more informed decisions about how their farmland is managed.
We are looking for competitive inside sales representatives to develop sales strategies and attract new clients across midwestern sales territories. The successful salespeople will source new sales opportunities and close sales to achieve quotas.
- Close sales via phone, email, and instant messaging, from both internally and self generated customer leads including the gathering of information required to list their farm on the Tillable website
- Conduct frequent phone consultations with clients advising them on how the Tillable platform will improve the financial performance of their farmland as well as tenant relations
- Implement creative ways to improve our close rate
- Communicate with customers proactively
- Maintain the company’s positive image and branding efforts through an upbeat and positive demeanor as well as respectful and responsible behavior in all interactions with customers
- Keep detailed and organized records of your sales activity through the company’s CRM system
- Previous inside sales experience
- Self motivated and driven
- Ability to listen and customer objectives in order to develop successful strategic plans
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management skills.
- Computer competency
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with CRM systems
- BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred
- Experience selling to older demographics (55+)
- Experience selling digital products, financial products, or insurance sales
- A background or familiarity with agriculture