Tillable is creating a marketplace for landowners to rent land to farmers. Did you know about 50% of farmland is rented today. The market is already $32 billion with significant opportunities for growth. The problem we are solving is fair market rental discovery through the creation of a marketplace. We have identified a large inefficiency in the market and our platform will become the mechanism to correct this problem. Our platform will become a critical tool for agriculture.
Tillable’s team has the difficult task of making farmland rental easy enough for a young farmer or an eighty year old landowner. We aren’t here to create yet another crappy agriculture website that no one uses. We are going to change the way agriculture gets the job done.
Agriculture is the world’s largest market. Farmers depend on having access to land to rent. Landowners need a better way to find great farmers. Farmland rental is stuck in the 1950’s where everything is done manually and via word of mouth. Tillable is going to fix this.
This position will leverage your experience and knowledge of agriculture, but it a sales position and demands a sales mindset.
- Meeting with prospective customers
- Sell landowners on using Tillable to manage their farmland
- Supervising and managing real estate leasing activities in the state of listing (MN or IL)
- Supervising other real estate agents in the state
- Assisting with on the ground farm management
- Working with Tillable customers to on-board their farms to the platform
- Coordinating with growers to develop farm plans
- Working with growers to collect data on farm activities
- Maintaining internal company CRM systems
- 2+ years as a licensed real estate agent
- Preference given to real estate brokers with management and supervisory experience
- 2+ years farm management experience
- Ability to be on the road driving several days a week
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office and/or Google Apps
- Bachelor's degree in agriculture related discipline
- Strong track record of selling and achieving performance goals
- Demonstrated ability to work independently