What we’re building
At Tidelift, our mission is making open source software work better—for everyone. We see a world where open source creators can get paid for doing work they love, and software development teams get software they can depend on. We’re already supporting many of the most important projects in open source, and adding more all the time.
We're still small, but well-funded and growing. You will play a large role in tackling challenging problems and helping build the company, while learning alongside our experienced team.
We are looking for an Inside Account Executive, who will report to our Head of Sales. You will own a pipeline of prospects and a quota for acquiring new subscribers. You will also have access to a myriad of resources, from a healthy inbound lead funnel to sales acceleration tools, to help you achieve your goal. You’ll also play a key role leading the early sales team through continuous feedback and improvement of our sales process.
We operate a high-velocity, inside sales model. Our prospects are primarily engineering leaders at companies ranging in size from 50 to 5000 employees. Our product is not overly complicated, but our audience is very technical. Familiarity with the software development life-cycle and the day-to-day job of a software developer or team manager will be to your advantage.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Prospecting into both inbound and outbound sales leads
- Qualifying leads and developing them into opportunities
- Demonstrating our product to both technical and business minded audiences
- Negotiating and closing opportunities with a focus on product fit and retention
- Sourcing additional leads as appropriate to hit and exceed your number
We’re trying to build a healthy, values-driven culture. We want to be:
- Optimistic: We see an amazing future ahead, and want to inspire others to share in it. This is both internal—building each other up and looking for the best in people—and external—we know open source is awesome, and we want to make it even better.
- Practical: We know words and ideas alone won’t change lives. We help people most by creating a pragmatic, viable, and sustainable business that works for everyone. So we care about usability, design, and honest assessment of costs and benefits.
- Additive: We want an environment that encourages and inspires growth, both for individuals and for the open source community as a whole. That means embracing a growth mindset, and valuing culture add over culture fit.
- Inclusive: We believe technology will be stronger when it better reflects the voices and ideas of society as a whole. So we want people from different backgrounds and experiences to not just be represented, but to be heard, valued, and flourish. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
In this role, you would have the option to work remotely from the US or from our offices in Boston, MA or Raleigh, NC.
We believe in the urgency of our mission, and the importance of doing good work, but also know this is a marathon and not a sprint. Hours can be flexible within reason if necessary to meet personal needs (like child, medical, or elder care).
Compensation, benefits, and career
Compensation is competitive with other Boston-area startups, including health insurance, flexible vacation, 401(k), short-term disability, parental leave, and equity.
We invest in every employee’s growth, and support professional development that aligns with your goals and how you learn best.
How to apply
Fill out the form below. We'd love it if you add a thoughtful note about your goals and your background. We’ll get back to you promptly!
Please note that we are not looking to hire contractors or outsourced sales teams.