What we’re building
At Tidelift, our mission is making open source software work better—for everyone. We see a world where open source creators can get paid for doing work they love, and software development teams get software they can depend on. We’re already supporting many of the most important projects in open source, and adding more all the time.
We're still small, but well-funded and growing. You will be able to play a large role in tackling challenging problems and helping build the company, while learning alongside our experienced team.
How you can help
Our first Head of Partnerships will lead Tidelift’s relationships with strategic partners.
Reporting to our CEO, you’ll work closely with our marketing, sales, product, finance, and business operations teams.
In your role you will establish partnerships with outside organizations to help our subscribers and participating open source maintainers achieve better outcomes with open source software.
What you’ll do:
- Identify and recruit new partners by proactively reaching out to organizations across the software industry
- Develop a plan for prioritizing and assessing new partnership opportunities that improve user experience and increase revenue
- Become a domain expert on Tidelift’s business model and how to communicate it to partners
- Generate and present partnership proposals
- Partner with our General Counsel to structure, negotiate, and execute necessary agreements
- Partner with our marketing team to execute joint marketing campaigns with partners
- Establish and report success metrics for the partnerships and business development function
Prior experience with partnerships, alliances, and business development at a growing startup is a plus, but we’re open to any candidate who has the necessary background to be successful in the role.
You will be the first hire on our partnerships team. You will collaborate with an experienced leadership team that has seen and managed explosive growth at HubSpot, Red Hat, Wikipedia, and a wide variety of other startups. The role will report to the co-founder and CEO.
We’re trying to build a healthy, values-driven culture. We want to be:
- Optimistic: We see an amazing future ahead, and want to inspire others to share in it. This is both internal—building each other up and looking for the best in people—and external—we know open source is awesome, and we want to make it even better.
- Practical: We know words and ideas alone won’t change lives. We help people most by creating a pragmatic, viable, and sustainable business that works for everyone. So we care about usability, design, and honest assessment of costs and benefits.
- Additive: We want an environment that encourages and inspires growth, both for individuals and for the open source community as a whole. That means embracing a growth mindset, and valuing culture add over culture fit.
- Inclusive: We believe technology will be stronger when it better reflects the voices and ideas of society as a whole. So we want people from different backgrounds and experiences to not just be represented, but to be heard, valued, and flourish. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
How we work
In this role, you can work remotely (within the US) or from our office in downtown Boston. About half of our team, including two of our founders, are remote, and we take employee experience seriously wherever you are based.
We believe in the urgency of our mission, and the importance of doing good work, but also know this is a marathon and not a sprint. Hours can be flexible within reason if necessary to meet personal needs (like child, medical, or elder care).
Compensation, benefits, and career
Compensation is competitive with other Boston-area startups, including key benefits like health insurance, flexible vacation, 401(k), parental leave, and equity.
We are invested in every employee’s growth, and support professional development that aligns with your goals and how you learn best.
How to apply
Fill out the form below. We'd love it if you add a thoughtful note about your goals and your background. We’ll get back to you promptly!
Please note that we are not looking to hire contractors or outsourced development teams.