Thrive Global’s mission is to end the stress and burnout epidemic by offering companies and individuals sustainable, science-based solutions to enhance well-being, performance, and purpose, and create a healthier relationship with technology. Recent science has shown that the pervasive belief that burnout is the price we must pay for success is a delusion. We know, instead, that when we prioritize our well-being, our decision-making, creativity, and productivity improve dramatically. Thrive Global is committed to accelerating the culture shift that allows people to reclaim their lives and move from merely surviving to thriving.
THE ROLE: SENIOR UX/VISUAL DESIGNER - BEHAVIOR CHANGE PLATFORM
Thrive Global engages individuals in behavior changes that positively and measurably impact their well-being and performance. We focus upstream before stress and burnout lead to symptoms, and create sustainable behavior change by leveraging our compelling content and IP, and developing and deploying innovative tools to engage users and help them go from knowing what to do to actually doing it.
Our product vision is to build a comprehensive Behavior Change Platform to individual and enterprise customers, consisting of two areas:
1) a mobile application that identifies pain points through an onboarding assessment and continually monitors stress and well-being through automated tracking and routine check-ins. Employees receive personalized behavior change recommendations (Pathways and Microsteps) and relevant Thrive Journal content
2) a measurement tool providing a quantitative view of individual and company performance 3) a data and analytics layer with APIs connecting HR systems and third party apps/devices (e.g. wearables).
We are in the early stages of executing against the product vision and this role will have a big opportunity to shape the future of the company.
Our devices have become a type of “slot machine” where each notification promises a new quick hit of dopamine. We believe that good technology can be an antidote to device addiction and help create new, healthy habits that improve long-term wellbeing.
- You’ll create an enticing user experience that encourages users to engage with Thrive on a regular basis and develop healthy habits
- You will increase customer retention rate by personalizing content, enabling discovery, and demonstrating performance (e.g. streaks, milestones)
- You are passionate about behavioral psychology and can creatively incorporate “nudges” and “incentives” to drive behavior change
- You love rapid iteration cycles and look for user feedback throughout the design process
- You’re an expert in developing wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- You ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas
- 5+ years of experience designing products at a consumer-facing company with significant focus on creating mobile experiences
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- A portfolio demonstrating a range of skills: UX, research, visual design, UI, storytelling, persona creation, and design process.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Opportunity to grow within the company and shape our long-term strategy
- A workplace that emphasizes well-being, substantial paid time off and offers a range of wellness benefits.
- Reaching hundreds of thousands of people (at well known companies) -- and making a huge difference in their health and lives.
- Great office location in Soho, NYC.
- Three weeks vacation + 7 flex holidays (on top of regular holidays)
- Medical, vision, and dental coverage