Thrive Global’s mission is to end the stress and burnout epidemic by offering companies and individuals sustainable, science-based solutions to enhance well-being, performance, and purpose, and create a healthier relationship with technology. Recent science has shown that the pervasive belief that burnout is the price we must pay for success is a delusion. We know, instead, that when we prioritize our well-being, our decision-making, creativity, and productivity improve dramatically. Thrive Global is committed to accelerating the culture shift that allows people to reclaim their lives and move from merely surviving to thriving.
What you’ll be working on
- Work closely with product and design to customize the Thrive experience for the iOS platform.
- Implement custom native user interfaces using the latest iOS programming techniques.
- Build reusable iOS software components.
- Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience.
- 4+ years of iOS application development experience in Swift or Objective-C.
- Deep technical knowledge of iOS application development.
- Experience developing in Agile environments (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Strong experience with automated testing.
- You love writing well tested code and you have a deep understanding of how and when testing is important.
Bonus points if…
- You have react-native development experience.
- You have knowledge of UI frameworks (either Android, iOS, XML), MVP application design and complex, reactive touch based UI.
- You've also developed native Android applications.
- You have experience developing production applications with Java or NodeJS.
And of course…
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and are comfortable explaining complex concepts to other engineers and to non-technical stakeholders.
- You love teaching and learning from your colleagues. You enjoy working collaboratively and believe that providing effective code reviews is as important as writing good code.
- You value adhering to good engineering principles but you aren’t dogmatic. You’re able to weigh tradeoffs between going fast and doing it right.
- You believe that accomplishing great things doesn’t require working around the clock. You value your life outside of work and love a good night’s sleep.
Benefits we offer:
- Great office location in SoHo, NYC
- Competitive compensation
- Many opportunities to grow within the company and shape our growth strategy
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Three weeks vacation + 7 flex holidays (not including regular holidays)
- A human-centric culture inclusive of a range of wellness benefits
- Reaching hundreds of thousands of people (at well known companies) - and making a huge difference in their health and lives