Thrive Global is seeking a driven and creative individual to join our communications team. We are looking for candidates who are eager to jump in on various PR and communications initiatives and who love to pitch. This role reports to the Head of Communications.
- Drive daily content promotion for Thrive Global media platform by identifying key pieces to pitch to relevant media, broadcast and influencers.
- Build strategic relationships with health, wellness, business, and tech outlets and influencers that will lead to media coverage.
- Regularly create new targeted press lists for content pitching.
- Implement executive placement strategies, including speaking engagements, profiles, and Op-Eds to successfully position Thrive Global leadership as visionaries and thought leaders in the industry.
- Evaluate media opportunities and events for Thrive Global; assist with all briefing materials for media interviews.
- Monitor daily press, social media traction, and broadcast hits for Thrive Global and industry trends; compose company-wide weekly press reports.
- Draft media alerts and press releases for wide range of announcements.
- Provide Head of Communications with support on additional projects as requested.
- 3-5 years experience in communications/public relations preferred, but will also consider backgrounds in journalism and media.
- Strong communicator, both written and oral, with an ability to use those skills to drive change and execute tasks.
- Proven ability to pitch and secure placements among top-tier press outlets. Must love to pitch!
- Excellent existing relationships with key media across business press, broadcast, consumer, trade, digital and influencer areas.
- Ability to bring new thinking and ideas to the communications team.
- Resourceful self-starter who can adapt quickly and manage tasks from multiple stakeholders.
- Passion for taking novel projects from concept to completion, with little or no precedence.
- Highly organized, great attention to detail.
- Great office location in SoHo, NYC
- Competitive Salary (commensurate with experience, of course)
- Many opportunities to grow within the company and shape our growth strategy
- Human-centric culture inclusive of a range of wellness benefits
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Three weeks vacation + 7 flex holidays (not including regular holidays)
- Reaching hundreds of thousands of people (at well known companies) -- and making a significant difference in their health and lives