Thrive Causemetics was born out of a friendship. Makeup artist and product developer, Karissa Bodnar, lost her dear friend Kristy to cancer at just 24 years old. Kristy’s compassionate and vivacious spirit inspired Karissa to establish Thrive Causemetics, a beauty brand and philosophy that goes beyond skin deep by empowering women.
Thrive Causemetics is Beauty with a Purpose: for every product purchased, one is donated to help a woman thrive. We believe changing the world starts with a single ingredient, and that’s why we create vegan, 100% cruelty-free formulas containing proven ingredients without the use of parabens, sulfates, or toxins. All of our high-performance cosmetics are developed at Thrive Lab in Seattle—we control every step of the product development process.
- Responsible for doing anything and everything to contribute to our team's success. We are a team and often work outside of our traditional job descriptions. There is no such thing as "that's not my job" at Thrive Causemetics.
- Report to Head of Growth Marketing to monitor overall performance, drive sales growth, analyze data, and create the demand forecast
- Build and maintain data warehouse
- Oversee the deployment of data to the data warehouse
- Review and validate customer data as it is collected
- Review customer files to ensure integrity of data collection and utilization
- Develop policies and procedures for the collection and analysis of data
- Create or discover new data procurement and processing programs
- Cooperate with our IT department to deploy software and hardware upgrades that make it possible for us to leverage big data use cases
- Convert research/analyses/findings into insights and recommendations that are specific and actionable for various internal groups as well as executive leadership.
- Research market conditions in specific areas, and analyze customer preferences to determine potential sales of new products or line extensions.
- Gather data on competitors and past sales to analyze prices and methods of marketing and distribution.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop monthly statistical forecast models, incorporate judgmental and management input and evaluate forecast results.
- Communicate and explain statistical models internally and externally as needed.
- Capture and report forecast accuracy, drive forecast improvement through accuracy analysis.
- Conduct current and future forecasting analysis, ensuring forecasting processes and methods are followed.
- Assemble and analyze all data pertinent to creating the demand forecast (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions, and inventory levels).
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated organizational assumptions.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach to finalize the operational demand forecast.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field
- 4+ years of advanced data analytics and reporting experience, including Google Analytics
- Proficient in SQL, python, and familiarity with Jupyter notebooks
- Ability to analyze, process and transform information for easier consumption and actionable plans
- Successful track record of building predictive and LTV models with high levels of statistical confidence(+95%)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Friendly, collaborative and able to work cross-functionally with internal teams
- Willingness to complete other tasks, as assigned.
- Proficient in Google email and documents required
- US citizenship or permanent residency required