Thrive Causemetics was born out of a friendship. Makeup artist and product developer, Karissa Bodnar, lost her dear friend Kristy to cancer at just 24 years old. Kristy’s compassionate and vivacious spirit inspired Karissa to establish Thrive Causemetics, a beauty brand and philosophy that goes beyond skin deep by empowering women.
Thrive Causemetics is Beauty with a Purpose: for every product purchased, one is donated to help a woman thrive. We believe changing the world starts with a single ingredient, and that’s why we create vegan, 100% cruelty-free formulas containing proven ingredients without the use of parabens, sulfates, or toxins. All of our high-performance cosmetics are developed at Thrive Lab in Seattle—we control every step of the product development process.
- Responsible for doing anything and everything to contribute to our team's success. We are a team and often work outside of our traditional job descriptions. There is no such thing as "that's not my job" at Thrive Causemetics.
- Social Media
- Drive Thrive's social media and content strategy
- Work with internal and external teams to project manage all necessary social media copy and design
- Co-drive the vision, strategy, and execution of Thrive’s Social Media and Content roadmap
- Regularly analyze and report on performance of campaigns to ensure the brand is reaching its goals
- Content Creation & Management
- Accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic and engagement that deliver sales and customer retention
- Create a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns
- Create, curate, and manage content across all social media communities
- Introduce new and innovative ways to capture engagement through unique content across diverse formats such as video, blog posts, etc.
- Work cross-functionally with Growth team when organic content has high engagement
- Influencer Strategy
- Define and develop influencer marketing strategy to encourage advocacy and support key launches
- Lead all social influencer programs including long-term relationships, seasonal activation, and micro-influencer programs
- Track and analyze all outreach performance, content, conversion rates to estimate ROI and advise on best strategies
- Develop, lead and execute all Social Mailer and PR Mailer programs
- Execute paid content and partnerships as needed, from outreach to negotiation to agreement execution
- 3-6 years experience in social media marketing
- Strong existing relationships with beauty bloggers & influencers
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
- PR experience is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Hands on experience in content creation and management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively internal teams, including senior management and peers
- Willingness to work as part of a team and complete other tasks, as assigned
- Proficient in Adobe programs, MS Office and Google mail/docs
- US citizenship or permanent residency required