Thrive Causemetics was born out of a friendship. Makeup artist and product developer, Karissa Bodnar, lost her dear friend Kristy to cancer at just 24 years old. Kristy’s compassionate and vivacious spirit inspired Karissa to establish Thrive Causemetics, a beauty brand and philosophy that goes beyond skin deep by empowering women.
Thrive Causemetics is Beauty with a Purpose: for every product purchased, one is donated to help a woman thrive. We believe changing the world starts with a single ingredient, and that’s why we create vegan, 100% cruelty-free formulas containing proven ingredients without the use of parabens, sulfates, or toxins. All of our high-performance cosmetics are developed at Thrive Lab in Seattle—we control every step of the product development process.
- Responsible for doing anything and everything to contribute to our team's success. We are a team and often work outside of our traditional job descriptions. There is no such thing as "that's not my job" at Thrive Causemetics.
- Set a creative vision and strategy. Unify the look, feel and voice across product, packaging, web and advertising channels
- Work cross-functionally with Growth Marketing, Brand Marketing and Product Development teams
- Create concepts, sketches, graphics, and executions in support of packaging, ads, emails, brand, and marketing campaigns
- Instill customer-centric enthusiasm and a “member first” mentality in the team and creative processes
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies
- Ensure visual communication and brand standards are met
- Closely collaborate with Growth and Brand Marketing Managers, Product Managers, and Development Leads to define strategic objectives and deliver results
- Understand and respond to testing metrics and optimization efforts based on performance data to define and continuously improve the direction and execution of creative ideas
- Create and oversee website landing page designs and other site imagery and content, promotions creative and layouts from user-centric perspective
- Deep understanding of web creative and user experience on website and over email
- Has a strong understanding of creative strategy, brand development and multichannel creative.
- Proven success in project management and execution across packaging and digital
- 8-10 years’ experience in building disruptive brands and designing for Ecommerce sites, responsive and mobile site interfaces, email campaigns, UX and interaction design
- Must have an online portfolio demonstrating strong visual design experience, Ecommerce and interactive design
- Expert at Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Experience using wireframing techniques to show navigation, flow and interaction details
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite