Thrive Causemetics was born out of a friendship. Makeup artist and product developer, Karissa Bodnar, lost her dear friend Kristy to cancer at just 24 years old. Kristy’s compassionate and vivacious spirit inspired Karissa to establish Thrive Causemetics, a beauty brand and philosophy that goes beyond skin deep by empowering women.
Thrive Causemetics is Beauty with a Purpose: for every product you purchase, we donate one to empower a woman thriving through cancer or domestic violence. We believe changing the world starts with a single ingredient, and that’s why we create vegan, 100% cruelty-free formulas containing proven ingredients without the use of parabens, sulfates, or toxins. All of our high-performance cosmetics are developed at Thrive Lab in Seattle—we control every step of the product development process.
We are looking for a talented product developer to support our growth. This role will work as part of the overarching product development team to create and extend our product lines. The ideal candidate should be a detail-oriented, highly organized individual who loves the beauty market and wants to be part of our “beauty with a purpose” mission. The candidate must have the ability to manage a high volume of tasks with minimal guidance and supervision while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Determine customer needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information including Thrive Lab, a digital product creation portal on thrivecausemetics.com.
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assess market competition by comparing the company's products to competitors' products.
- Provide source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Obtain product market share by working with the leadership team to develop product sales strategies.
- Assess product market data through visits into the field.
- Provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Facilitate inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
- Bring new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Introduce and market new products by developing time-integrated plans with marketing and production.
- Determine product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- 3+ years of product development and/or marketing experience, beauty industry preferred.
- 2+ years of project management in a product-related capacity
- Market research skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to be friendly.
- Ability to communicate effectively internal teams, including senior management and peers.
- Willingness to work as part of a team and complete other tasks, as assigned.
- Proficient in Google email and documents required.
- US citizenship or permanent residency required.