Thrive Causemetics was born out of a friendship. Makeup artist and product developer, Karissa Bodnar, lost her dear friend Kristy to cancer at just 24 years old. Kristy’s compassionate and vivacious spirit inspired Karissa to establish Thrive Causemetics, a beauty brand and philosophy that goes beyond skin deep by empowering women.
Thrive Causemetics is Beauty with a Purpose: for every product purchased one is donated to help a woman thrive. We believe changing the world starts with a single ingredient, and that’s why we create vegan, 100% cruelty-free formulas containing proven ingredients without the use of parabens and sulfates. All of our high-performance cosmetics are developed with our customer in mind. We control every step of the product development process.
We are a company that believes everyone is responsible for doing anything and everything to contribute to our team's success. This is why we thrive on a collaborative and cross-functional workplace. There is no such thing as "that's not my job" at Thrive Causemetics. We offer a culture rewarding our driven, hard-working team with special perks and benefits. Together, we prioritize strong work ethic while maintaining a positive, exciting environment where people are passionate about what they do.
*Must submit/attach a portfolio
- Conceptualizes and develops innovative designs that maintain brand consistency.
- Supports product packaging and offers creative input + ideas
- Ensures that our creative outlook is cutting edge, quality and ahead of industry competitors, while staying true to our brand image.
- Ensures a high level of creativity in all work produced and delivered and ensures quality of work and style is consistent, cohesive and meets marketing, sales, product development and purchasing objectives.
- Researches and analyzes industry trends and keep abreast of emerging technologies and creative applications.
- Assists the marketing team with creative direction for global/local advertising campaigns, new product/store launches and other marketing initiatives to ensure accurate execution of material development and promotional materials.
- Works closely with Senior Brand Manager to create a visual style guide, including fonts, layouts
- Designs print + digital assets for marketing team – collateral cards, one sheets, presentations, etc
- May retouch photos, as needed.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- 1-3 years of experience in cosmetic preferred
- MAC platform and Adobe Creative Suite; Microsoft Office
- Creative, enthusiastic and knowledgeable of current design trends/innovations
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Receptive to feedback + strong attention to detail (very important)
- Must be able to truly work and stay focused without much supervision
- Must be able to work in-office 2-3 days per week