If you are a student currently working towards a degree program in an engineering discipline, Thomas has freelance content writing opportunities to help you earn while you learn.
Thomas is a data, platform and technology company that has become the leading resource for the industrial marketplace. We are seeking freelance content writers that can create technical content to support our users and add additional value to our platform capabilities.
The freelance content writing opportunity is a flexible position that pays a fixed fee for each completed and accepted content article. Note that this is not an offer of employment with Thomas. To be considered for this opportunity, the applicant must register with Upwork as a technical writer and notify Thomas having done so.
The pay range for the opportunity is $200-300 per article.
The freelance content opportunity provides advantages including:
- Ability to work from any location and submit completed content electronically
- Attribution in the form of an author profile page on our platform
- Ability to use your technical knowledge to write about industrial products and grow your knowledge base along the way
To be eligible for this opportunity, applicants must:
- Be enrolled in a course of study in an accredited college in the United States offering studies in engineering
- Have completed their freshman year of study and be presently working towards their undergraduate degree in a discipline such a mechanical, civil, or electrical engineering.
- Possess the ability to understand technical concepts and convey those ideas clearly in an original written format or article in English
- Have access to Microsoft Word, the internet, and email software
Submissions must meet our article guidelines to be accepted. This includes:
- Original, non-plagiarized content
- Minimum of 600 words in length
- Technical accuracy on the topic being covered
- Grammatical accuracy