Re_Set, the boutique strategy consultancy for innovation, disruption and sustainability, is expanding its senior capabilities in sustainability.
Working alongside Sue Garrard, one of the world’s foremost experts in the topic, and the rest of the world class team of Re_Set consultants, this is a unique opportunity for an individual who is eager to build a consultancy practice in sustainability.
The role combines the best of strategy consulting, sustainability practice, start-up environment, with business as a force for good as the underlying mission.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Leading multiple projects simultaneously with autonomy
- Planning, structuring and managing projects end to end, including at all stages from pitch, delivery, recommendation and follow-up
- Structuring, managing and coaching small project teams of 2-4 consultants
- Acting as Reset’s in-house sustainability expert, providing guidance on projects and training to junior members of staff
- Ensuring written deliverables, client meetings and workshops are best-in-class
- Owning client relationships and ensuring excellent stakeholder management
- Playing an active role in business development, from delivering pitches to pro-actively seeking new opportunities
- Participating in the company’s PR activities, including speaking at events, contributing to thought leadership pieces and general social and online presence
- Leveraging your expertise to develop the company’s set of tools and methodologies
- Pro-actively playing a role in internal RE_SET initiatives, such as leading marketing or recruiting initiatives
What We Look For
- Strategy consulting experience
- Demonstrable experience as a sustainability practitioner at a senior level
- Ability to get stuck in – a keenness to contribute to the delivery of projects is a must: demonstrable analytical and quantitative skills, including financial modelling
- Evidence of contribution to business development activities
- Experience of managing people and coaching consultants along the way
- Ability to manage time and workload of a team, and oneself, including being able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A smart, energetic and creative thinker who can generate big-picture inspirational ideas and solutions, all whilst maintaining structure and a focus on the details
- A passion for innovation as a topic, either through previous professional experience, volunteering activity, entrepreneurial venture or past student project
- A true entrepreneurial spirit and hunger to contribute to the building of RE_SET
Minimum 6-10 years of professional work experience with at least two years in strategy consulting.
At least 2 years of managing people / teams
Experience as a sustainability practitioner at a senior level
Experience in an entrepreneurial or innovation role
Excellent academic record from a top tier university
Perfect command of English, both written and oral
Expert in MS Excel and PowerPoint. Demonstrable ability to structure and develop quantitative excel models, analysis and deliver top quality presentations
Digitally savvy and able to fluently converse in key business concepts
Comfortable interacting with senior clients and building new professional relationships
Existing relationships with senior clients
Expertise across Strategy, Innovation, B2C sustainability, Digital Transformation or Cultural Change
Entrepreneurial experience, having either setup, or participated, in early stage start-ups or run their own business or society
Knowledge of the start-up scene and is up to date with the latest trends, technology and software development
Location: 80% based at our office in Somerset House. Occasional travel to client sites around London and the UK, dependent on projects.
Perks: Start-up office culture, great work-life balance, weekly team lunch, regular office drinks, option to work from home on Fridays, exciting and meaningful projects
Remuneration: Total on target compensation £90k - £140k (depending on experience) + Equity in the business