Who We Are
Thinkful is a new type of school that brings high-growth tech careers to ambitious people everywhere. The company provides 1-on-1 learning through its network of industry experts, hiring partners, and online platform to deliver a structured and flexible education. Thinkful offers programs in web development, data science, and design, with in-person communities in up-and-coming tech hubs around the U.S. To join the Thinkful network visit thinkful.com
We're looking for an experienced Product Manager with a knack for teaching who is passionate about training the next generation of experts in the field to help Thinkful create the world's best program for aspiring product managers. In this role, you will leverage your subject matter expertise and passion for teaching to write curriculum content for a new program built to accelerate students into the product management field.
In collaboration with an Instructional Designer, you'll create the best learning path for aspiring product managers to learn the must-have skills to land a job. You'll write a curriculum that students consume on our unique learning platform, and you'll design the projects that students do in order to master new skills. The impact of your work will be large, as thousands of students will use this content to gain the skills they need to drive career advancement.
We need an experienced Product Manager with the powerful combination of subject matter expertise in product management and a keen ability to write learning content that is beginner-friendly.
We need someone who has an existing body of instructional content that they can share that demonstrates high-quality writing and the ability to connect with beginners.
- Create an outline for a sequence of checkpoints that advance a given learning objective
- Draft written content for outlined checkpoints
- Create supporting assets like images, charts, and other creative assets to support checkpoints; we may also record video as part of the curriculum, so experience creating video content is a plus
- Create assignments, projects, and grading rubrics that provide a way for learners to practice skills being taught in support of learning objectives
- This is a six-month contract engagement where you need to be available 30 to 40 traditional US work hours a week for the first three months, and then decrease to 20 hours a week during traditional US work hours a week for the second three months. We are remote company so can be flexible, but synchronous collaboration with stakeholders is required for this work
- Significant subject matter expertise and demonstrable proof of excellence in product management
- Passion for teaching product management to newcomers
- Existing body of beginner-friendly writing in product management
- Excellent follow-through: to be successful you need to be able to take project requirements and specs and execute on them with minimal oversight
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Please include a link to your published educational work or upload a file of representative work in your application
- Please include a short cover letter explaining your interest in the role
- At this time, we are unable to consider applicants from the following states: Alaska, Delaware, Idaho, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Carolina Oregon, South Dakota, West Virginia, and Wyoming