Who We Are
Thinkful is a new type of school that brings high-growth tech careers to ambitious people everywhere. We provide 1-on-1 learning through our network of industry experts, hiring partners, and online platform to deliver a structured and flexible education. Thinkful offers programs in web development, data science, and design, with in-person communities in up-and-coming tech hubs around the U.S. To join the Thinkful network visit thinkful.com
The Student Support Specialist solves the daily needs of Thinkful students from enrollment through graduation. Thinkful students face unique personal challenges as well as shared ones as people making a life change. They need a proactive champion at times and speedy and clear response at others.
You will ensure their assignments get graded on time and that their great ideas and specific concerns are heard and handled appropriately. In the end, you will have supported them towards a large, life-changing goal of a new career path.
This is a new position in the company and reports to our Associate Director of Academic Success. Success in this position will lead to opportunities to be player-coach or to move into other student-facing roles.
- Ensure all emails sent to Thinkful Support are resolved on time and at the high standard set by the manager
- Execute current processes and identify areas ripe for improvement to ensure every Thinkful student has an A+ experience
- Ensure students are matched with Mentors within a time frame of their start date
- Update FAQs, student surveys, onboarding material, and other related documents
- ‘Deliver magic to students’ by anticipating their needs and transforming conflicts into positive experiences
- Strong problem solver with comfort managing conflict and handling unique and personal problems
- Work closely with other student facing team including mentorship, academic success, and careers
- Incredible empathy and passion for the student as customer and life changer
- Exceptionally organized and able to prioritize around shifting needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excruciating detail-oriented and meticulous
- Proficient at basic quantitative and spreadsheet skills
- Enthusiastic about learning, especially in technical fields
- Desire to grow professionally
If you are interested in this position please provide your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the role.
Thinkful can only hire candidates who are eligible to work in the United States. At this time, we are unable to consider applicants from the following states: Alaska, Delaware, Idaho, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
We stand against any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Thinkful provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. If you're talented and driven, please apply.