Who We Are
At Thinkful, we believe that if schools put in even half the amount of effort that students do the outcomes would be better for everyone. People would have a path to a fulfilling future, instead of being buried under debt. Employers would benefit from a workforce trained for today. And education could finally offer students a return on their investment of both money and time.
We put in outlandish amounts of effort to create an education that offers our students a guaranteed return on their investment. we partner with employers to create a world-class curriculum built for today. We go to ends of the earth to find mentors who are the best of the best. We invest more in career services than any of our peers. We work hard to be on the ground in the cities our students are. Simply put, no other school works as hard for its students as we do.
Students enroll in Thinkful courses to gain the valuable technical and professional skills needed to take them from curious learners to employed technologists. As a Design Course Mentor, you will support students by acting as an advisor, counselor, and support system as they complete the course and land their first industry job. To achieve this, you will engage with students using the below range of approaches, known as Engagement Formats. Design Course Mentors are expected to provide support across all formats when needed.
- Mentor Sessions: Meet with students 1-on-1 in online video sessions to provide technical and professional support as the student progresses through the curriculum.
- Group Sessions: Host online video sessions on topics of your expertise (in alignment with curriculum offerings) for groups of student seeking live support between mentor sessions.
- Grading: Reviewing student checkpoints submissions and delivering written feedback, including analysis of projects and portfolios.
- Technical Coaching: Provide in-demand support to technical questions and guidance requests that come to the Technical Coaching team through text and video in a timely manner. This team also provides the TA support for immersive programs.
- Assessments & Mock Interviews: Conduct 1-on-1 mock interviews and assessments via video calls and provide written feedback to students based on assessment rubrics.
In addition to working directly with students, Design Course Mentors are expected to maintain an environment of feedback with the Educator Experience team, and to stay on top of important updates via meetings, email, and Slack. Ideal candidates for this team are highly coachable, display genuine student advocacy, and are comfortable working in a complex, rapidly changing environment.
- 3+ years UI/UX experience within a corporate environment
- Must submit wireframe samples and portfolio for consideration
- Experience in Visual Design, Product Design and UX Design,
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS, Figma, Adobe CC, Sketch, Balsamiq, and/or Invision
- Demonstrates genuine student advocacy and empathy for beginners
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Must be coachable and adaptable to a fast-paced work environment
- Must have a reliable, high-speed Internet connection and webcam
- Teaching, mentoring and/or coaching experience a plus
- This is a part-time role (10-25 hours a week)
- Fully remote position, with a flexible schedule
- Access to all of Thinkful Courses for your continued learning
- Community of 500+ like-minded professionals looking to impact others and keep their skills sharp
- Grow and develop as an educator with your managing Squad Lead and Squad
If you are interested in this position please provide your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the role.
Thinkful can only hire candidates who are eligible to work in the United States.
We stand against any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Thinkful provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. If you're talented and driven, please apply.
At this time, we are unable to consider applicants from the following states: Alaska, Delaware, Idaho, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, West Virginia, Oregon and Wyoming