Who We Are
Thinkful is a new type of school that brings high-growth tech careers to ambitious people everywhere. We provide 1-on-1 learning through our network of industry experts, hiring partners, and online platform to deliver a structured and flexible education. Thinkful offers programs in web development, data science, and design, with in-person communities in up-and-coming tech hubs around the U.S. To join the Thinkful network visit thinkful.com
Thinkful is launching a new immersive product design program. This program aims to be the best in-class remote, full-time option for people seeking to break into product design.
As part of this effort, we're looking for a product design subject matter expert to join us in executing on our content roadmap for this exciting new program. You will be creating the backbone of a new program that propels people into a new, impactful career in product design.
You'll produce written content, lesson plans including instructor notes and student activity descriptions, presentation decks, design assets, and written content, all to support our students as they learn the core skills of product design. Your work product will be extremely impactful, as it forms the core asset around which the daily experience of our students will revolve.
- Consistently deliver content that meets spec and is on time to support our program launch roadmap.
- Create daily lesson plans consisting of
- Presentation decks that instructors use to lecture students on a given learning objective.
- Instructor notes that instructors use alongside
- Activity descriptions — these are notes describing tasks students complete together in order to advance the learning objective in a given lecture.
- Create curriculum content on specific learning objectives. In addition to the in-class experience, our students also spend time reading and completing tasks for a written curriculum hosted on the Thinkful platform.
- Create code design assets to support lesson plans, student activities, and written curriculum content. For instance: high- and low-fidelity sketches and mockups, clickable prototypes, code assets
- Iterate on deliverables based on user feedback
- 3+ years of hands-on Product Design industry experience
- Demonstrated expertise in at least 2 of the following 3 subject areas: UX research and design, Visual design, Front end development including HTML, CSS (including popular frameworks), and vanilla JS.
- Knowledgeable with common design and prototyping software platforms (Figma is a plus)
- Collaborative.You enjoy partnering with people and have excellent project management skills and follow through
- Excellent writing skills. You've got a gift for writing about complicated concepts in a beginner-friendly way. You can produce high-quality prose as well as high-quality presentations.
Compensation and Benefit
- Contract position with a collaborative team
- Ability to work remotely with flexible hours
- Access to all available course curriculum for personal use
- Membership to a global community of over 500 Software Engineers, Developers, and Designers who, like you, want to keep their skills sharp and help learners break into the industry
If you are interested in this position please provide your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the role.
At this time we are unable to consider contractors in CA, MA, NJ, WA OR.
We stand against any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Thinkful provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. If you're talented and driven, please apply.