Who We Are
Thinkful is a new type of school that brings high-growth tech careers to ambitious people everywhere. We provide 1-on-1 learning through our network of industry experts, hiring partners, and online platform to deliver a structured and flexible education. Thinkful offers programs in web development, data science, and design, with in-person communities in up-and-coming tech hubs around the U.S. To join the Thinkful network visit thinkful.com
Every student who joins Thinkful should graduate and find rewarding work as a web developer or data scientist. To achieve this, the Career Coach advises and guides graduates of Thinkful through the career planning, job search, and decision making process. You will facilitate the delivery of a career services behavioral and informational curriculum to make students job ready candidates. With each placed student you will build and sustain strong relationships with local and regional employers.
The Career Coach engages students daily over chat, email, and video calls. They set expectations, evaluate work, and resolve any issues students encounter on their way to employment. Everyday you will work to influence student and employer decisions, provide portfolio feedback and interview coaching to students. Simultaneously you will provide employer’s in our network with the talent they need to succeed.
One of the most rewarding things we do as a company is helping change peoples’ lives. As a Career Coach, you will lead us in helping our graduates transition into the tech space. We make a huge investment in each student’s success and are driven by outcomes. We are with our students on the front line until we achieve our outcome. Join us and lead the way in helping our graduates transition into the tech space.
- Provide on-going, personalized support to Thinkful graduates during their job search
- Meet or exceed our company goals for job placement
- Collaboratively manage and improve on the delivery of training modules, support systems and workshops designed to prepare Thinkful graduates for their transition from student to career
- Motivate students to demonstrate high quality output, positive work ethic, and sharp communication skills
- Identify and procure job opportunities for Thinkful graduates both locally and regionally
- Develop and sustain relationships with active employer accounts
- Track placement information in our CRM for proper reporting
- Send qualified candidate profiles to employers to drive interviews
- Help organize and deliver employer engagement events in coordination with local teams
- Identify opportunities for improvement across the program; develop clear and strong opinions on the product, pedagogy, curriculum and program structure
- 2-5 years experience in related role
- Enjoy working with people, not just putting your head down and working
- Knowledgeable about the tech industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Stay organized when managing several tasks and issues in a fast-paced environment
- Build and sustain strong relationships with people and businesses
- Clear understanding of accountability to KPIs
- Incredible empathy and ability to inspire
- Listen, motivate, and provide valuable feedback to others
- Passion for helping others obtain meaningful careers and providing outstanding service
- Ability to consistently execute on daily responsibilities with minimal oversight
- Understanding of hiring and recruitment practices in tech industry
- Background in tech recruiting, career coaching, mentorship, account management, learning and development are all a plus
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive base salary and equity
- Healthcare, dental, and vision insurance are 100% covered for individuals and meaningfully covered for families
- 401k plan options
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Expand your skills with free Thinkful courses and a Mentor, plus discounts for friends and family
- Commuter Benefits Card via WageWorks
- Paid Parental Leave
If you are interested in this position please provide your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the role.
Thinkful can only hire candidates who are eligible to work in the United States.
We stand against any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Thinkful provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. If you're talented and driven, please apply.