Thesys Technologies is a capital markets financial technology company with aggressive plans to push the envelope of U.S. trading technology in the coming years. As a result of its rapid growth strategy over the past year, Thesys Technologies has continued to expand due to its demonstrated success in providing sophisticated technology solutions with our market structure expertise.
Formed in 2009 as the technology arm of the former Tradeworx, known today as Thesys Group Inc., our technology already handles approximately 5% of the daily volume in U.S. equities on the back of our low latency trading offering and our advanced gateway technology for market participants. We are now building from our core strength in trading tech to expand into new areas and markets while continuing to grow our market presence in exchange/matching engine technology, hardware accelerated data feeds, regulatory technology, and financial Big Data solutions.
Our core infrastructure has been built under the guidance of extremely experienced high frequency technologists, traders, and networking engineers. Our team’s culture combines an innovative Silicon Valley-like mindset with a fast-paced New York culture and deep experience with, and appreciation of, the markets.
Our clients include banks, broker-dealers, fintech firms, government agencies, and regulators. In addition, Thesys Technologies has been extensively covered in media outlets as far ranging as Forbes.com, Institutional Investor, The Financial Times, Bloomberg, Risk, Waters Technology and John Lothian News, to mention a few. This year Institutional Investor included Thesys CEO in “The 2018 Trading Tech 40” and earlier this year we were spotlighted in Risk.net as a “Rising Star” in the “Risk-Tech 100,” underscoring our leadership in reg-tech.
Given the breadth of our ambitions, the technology work we provide is highly diversified, cutting-edge, challenging, and extremely broad in terms of the exposure it generates for employees. In other words, there is a lot that you get to see and do, depending on how much you can handle. We need players on our team who can adapt to a very rapidly changing environment, take on outsized roles and responsibilities, maintain strong interpersonal relationships, and help build our vision out further.
In summary, our employees share our vision of Better Markets Through Technology based on Thesys’ mission of improving markets through technology by executing what we refer to as Market Structure Technology. Ultimately we are focusing on applying our deep expertise in capital markets, and deep knowledge of advanced technology, to help make the markets more efficient, transparent, and secure.
We are looking for a self-motivated contributor who is passionate about supporting and building high-quality tools. The role involves combining cutting-edge open source and proprietary technology to support back-end systems written in C++ and front-end systems using Angular and NodeJS, improve supporting tools and infrastructure, create fast C++ build systems, and improve workflows.
- Supporting and improving daily processes such as testing, backup, and deployment, via automation
- Proactively assisting other developers in diagnosing and solving issues with development and build environments
- Establishing and improving infrastructure in support of production, test, and development systems
- Monitoring systems for issues in real-time, responding to them as they occur, and working proactively to minimize future issues
- Handling support requests from clients in support of both production and test systems
- Proactive with a high attention to detail and ability to multitask effectively
- Strong working knowledge of the Linux operating system, including basic system administration and a high degree of comfort working from the command line
- Strong experience with version control software and principles
- Strong programming skills, including experience with development in dynamic programming languages, strong knowledge of Ruby or Python
- Strong working knowledge of building C++ software and the full compiler toolchain
- Experience with Open Source software including Puppet, Jenkins, Nagios, GNU make, cmake, Redmine, OpenLDAP, FreeRADIUS, BIND, collectd, Graphite, Grafana, Hypertable, and PostgreSQL
- Financial Experience is NOT required