Thesys Technologies is looking for a team player who can work in a dynamic trading technologies company. We are looking for a Security Operations Analyst with a focus on preventative measure to bring their experience to our team.
- Identify and assess security threats in order to quantify risk to the environment.
- Interact with Linux, Unix and macOS operating systems and cloud providers for monitoring and compliance
- Interface with DevOps to collect information including audit data, logs, network traffic and user behaviors to identify vulnerabilities and potential exploitation opportunities
- Research and document capabilities and activities of thread actors to assist in attack prevention
- Perform risk assessments, threat modeling, information gathering, and other activities as needed
- Partner with NetOps and DevOps to test, implement and update hardware and software security mechanisms to mitigate risk
- Experience as a Security Operations Analyst and full understanding of a Security Operations Center
- Significant experience configuring, deploying and managing auditing and logging tools including Elastic Stack, QRadar, Arcsight, Nessus, Snort, AlienVault, Nagios, Prometheus and other.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 2-4 + years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degrees in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Technology, or other related field, or 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Node, Go..)
- Experience with Configuration enforcement tools (eg: Ansible, Puppet, JAMF, Centrify)
- Understanding of LDAPs and other directory services technologies
- You write readable, maintainable code and have experience managing source code with git
- Industry certifications including; SANS certificates, CISSP, Security+ and networking gear and Operating System certificates.