Thesys CAT, a subsidiary of Thesys Technologies, has been chosen by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to build and operate one of the largest trading databases ever created; Consolidated Audit Trail (CAT).
The CAT is a comprehensive audit trail that will track orders throughout their lifecycle and identify the broker-dealers handling them, thus allowing regulators to more efficiently and accurately track activity in Eligible Securities throughout the U.S. markets. When complete, the CAT will be the world’s largest data repository for securities transactions tracking approximately 58 billion records of orders, executions, and quote life-cycles for equities and options markets on a daily basis.
Given the breadth of our ambitions, the technology work we provide is highly diversified, cutting-edge, challenging, and extremely broad in terms of the exposure it generates for employees. In other words, there is a lot that you get to see and do, depending on how much you can handle. We need players on our team who can adapt to a very rapidly changing environment, take on outsized roles and responsibilities, maintain strong interpersonal relationships, and help build our vision out further.
We are looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of the Consolidated Audit Trail (CAT) implementation project. Primarily, you will be working collaboratively with systems developers, full stack developers, front-end developers, information security specialists.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the CAT implementation requirements and documentation technical details
- Produce high-quality functional and technical documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, wiki pages help and developer guides
- Create tutorials/user guides
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Create and maintain the information architecture
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Knowledge of equities and options trade lifecycle, capital markets technology, regulatory trade reporting (OATS, EBS, etc.) is nice to have
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development
- Excellent written skills in English
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google suite of products
- Strong working knowledge of FrameMaker
- Strong working Knowledge of Madcap Flare
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
When applying for this role, please also attach (or hyperlink in your cover letter) some relevant examples of your writing.
Thesys Technologies LLC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Thesys Technologies LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.