Thesys Technologies is a high performance financial tech company with aggressive plans to push the envelope of US trading technology in the coming years.
Formed in 2009, our technology already handles approximately 5% of the daily volume in US & Canadian equities on the back of our ultra low latency HFT offering and our advanced gateway technology for Broker-Dealers. We are now building from our core strength in HFT trading tech to expand into new areas where we feel our edge holds strong, including exchange/matching engine technology, hardware accelerated data feeds and gateways, regulatory technology, and financial Big Data plays.
Our core infrastructure has been built under the guidance of extremely experienced high frequency technologists, traders, and networking engineers. Our clients rank amongst the best traders, globally, in any asset class. In addition, Thesys and our parent company, Tradeworx, have been extensively covered in media outlets as far ranging as 60 Minutes, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Bloomberg, and The Financial Times and have been highlighted in case studies by Amazon and Intel Corp.
Given the breadth of our ambitions, the work we provide is highly diversified, cutting-edge, challenging, and extremely broad in terms of the exposure it generates for employees. In other words, there is a lot that you get to see and do, depending on how much you can handle. We need players on our team who can adapt to a very rapidly changing environment, take on outsized roles and responsibilities, maintain strong interpersonal relationships, and help build our vision out further.
- BS & MS degree in CS or EE with excellent GPA/academic performance
- Targeting 10+ years of experience in the financial or technology sectors
- Excellent programming skills, including experience in C++, Python, and Linux
- Solid foundation in data structures and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work in close knit teams in fast paced, high pressure environments
- Strong interpersonal skills and flawless communication skills
Nice to have:
- Expertise in large-scale data analysis and/or scalable, distributed computing