Thesys Technologies is a capital markets financial technology company with aggressive plans to push the envelope of U.S. trading technology in the coming years. As a result of its rapid growth strategy over the past year, Thesys Technologies has continued to expand due to its demonstrated success in providing sophisticated technology solutions with our market structure expertise.
Formed in 2009 as the technology arm of the former Tradeworx, known today as Thesys Group Inc., our technology already handles approximately 5% of the daily volume in U.S. equities on the back of our low latency trading offering and our advanced gateway technology for market participants. We are now building from our core strength in trading tech to expand into new areas and markets while continuing to grow our market presence in exchange/matching engine technology, hardware accelerated data feeds, regulatory technology, and financial Big Data solutions.
Our core infrastructure has been built under the guidance of extremely experienced high frequency technologists, traders, and networking engineers. Our team’s culture combines an innovative Silicon Valley-like mindset with a fast-paced New York culture and deep experience with, and appreciation of, the markets.
Our clients include banks, broker-dealers, fintech firms, government agencies, and regulators. In addition, Thesys Technologies has been extensively covered in media outlets as far ranging as Forbes.com, Institutional Investor, The Financial Times, Bloomberg, Risk, Waters Technology and John Lothian News, to mention a few. This year Institutional Investor included Thesys CEO in “The 2018 Trading Tech 40” and earlier this year we were spotlighted in Risk.net as a “Rising Star” in the “Risk-Tech 100,” underscoring our leadership in reg-tech.
Given the breadth of our ambitions, the technology work we provide is highly diversified, cutting-edge, challenging, and extremely broad in terms of the exposure it generates for employees. In other words, there is a lot that you get to see and do, depending on how much you can handle. We need players on our team who can adapt to a very rapidly changing environment, take on outsized roles and responsibilities, maintain strong interpersonal relationships, and help build our vision out further.
In summary, our employees share our vision of Better Markets Through Technology based on Thesys’ mission of improving markets through technology by executing what we refer to as Market Structure Technology. Ultimately we are focusing on applying our deep expertise in capital markets, and deep knowledge of advanced technology, to help make the markets more efficient, transparent, and secure.
About the Role
We are looking for an Office manager to organize and coordinate administration duties and office procedures. The role of the Office manager is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety.
Office manager responsibilities include scheduling meetings and appointments, making office supplies arrangements, greeting visitors and providing general administrative support to our employees. Previous experience would be an advantage.
A successful Office manager should also have experience with a variety of office software (G-Suite is a plus) and be able to accurately handle administrative duties.
Ultimately, the Office manager should be able to ensure the smooth running of the office and help to improve company procedures and day-to-day operations.
- Welcoming candidates and other visitors
- Acting as the central resource for employee inquiries and requests
- Finding enticing ways to bring employees together over events, such as our monthly birthday celebrations
- Managing the shipping, receiving, and distribution of all mail and packages
- Overseeing conference room calendars, including scheduling meetings
- Assisting with other office management related projects, including events and hospitality
- Coordinating with various teams to assist with onboarding for new hires and transfers
- Assisting with coordinating and booking travel and the improvement of travel related policies and procedures
- Assisting with ad hoc administrative needs
- A bachelor's degree OR 3+ years of office management experience
- Ability to think and learn quickly
- Confident, assertive, self-starter who is extremely organized and goal driven
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with particular expertise in Excel and Outlook
- A positive, friendly, and helpful attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to effectively build relationships across groups and levels
Thesys Technologies LLC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Thesys Technologies LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.